The Day

My heart pounds as I stare up at Carson. His hazel eyes gaze down at me full of lust and wanting. What happened?! Did my enemy just Claim me as his Omega? His Mate for life? What?

I feel my face flush and a frown etch its way onto my face as I look at him. How could this happen? He hates me! I.. I remember the first time he told me he hated me. I was 5. It was my first mistake:

I had just walked onto the playground with my sisters. Sadie and Maria each held one of my hands as I shyly walked forward dragging my feet in the loose dirt hoping I'll be able to slow them down enough they'll let go of me. I don't want to be here. I'm the new freaky boy in my class that no one likes at all. I've told them over and over again that I don't want to go outside and play because I'll be pushed around my the 8 year olds who are way bigger than I am. My face turns to face the ground as I hear my name being shouted, "Michael!!! MIIICHAEL!!"

I close my eyes and breath slowly feeling tiers in my eyes. No I won't let these big bullies push me around!! I've gotta say something! But I can't. I feel Sadie let go of my hand and she whispers into my ear, "Mikey go to your friends!"

"Sa-Sadie please don't make me go!!" I whimper clinging onto her hand looking anywhere but at the boys my lip trembling knowing if I look at the boys I'll cry.

"Michael you'll be fine!" She whispers as she shoves me forward toward the boys. 5 minutes later I'm sure she wished she listened to my protests to stay behind.

I shake my head looking at the ground pulling out of the flash back. I look over at my sisters and mother who are shooting me frightened looks. I just shrug at them and look at Carson his lips slightly parted as he stares down at me.

"What?" I snarl at him pushing him back shocking everyone.

"Michael...." He starts moving toward me slowly his hands held out like he is apologizing.

"NO! SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH CARSON ETHAN JASPERS! I AM NOT LISTENING TO A WORD THAT LEAVES YOU FOUL MOUTH!!" My voice comes out low and dangerous. Very un Omega like or me to flip out on an Alpha but you know what Yolo!

Right before I can defend myself I feel a hand come down hard on my face and a growl erupt from Carson's throat. The sickening sound of skin hitting skin fills my head as I fall to the ground my vision blurring. Oh shit. I cover my face with my arms as I hear another snarl expecting another hit.

"DON'T EVER TOUCH HIM AGAIN!!" I hear Carson growl dangerously as I feel him crouch over me protectively. I can feel his breath on my arms as one of his hands reach down and run over my hand.

"Tell him to hold his tongue," A low growl fills the silent clearing. I could pick that voice out of any where. It belongs to second in command to Samuel, Edwin Hickter. Hickter is a violent man who has killed many Omegas for only eating at the wrong time of day. I close my eyes tight waiting for the death blow.

"Don't. Touch. My. Omega." Carson snarls dangerously over me. His breath hits the back of my hand so I know he is close to my face. I slowly lower my arms to see Carson leaning over me a protective look on his face. He looks down at me worry filling his eyes as he reaches up and touches right under my eye.

Ouch! Holy Hell! I flinch away nailing my head on the ground but I really could care less at the moment. I feel my vision start to blur and my cheeks get wet. No please don't cry, I think to myself but its to late.

Carson shoots across the clearing so fast its strange to watch him go. I turn my head slowly watching in slow motion as Carson's fist collides with Hickter's face. A loud sickening snap fills the clearing again and Hickter is sent flying backwards.

"DON'T EVER TOUCH HIM AGAIN OR I'LL KILL YOU SLOWLY AND IN THE MOST PAINFUL WAY I CAN THINK OF! HE IS MINE NOW UNDERSTAND!! YOU WILL NOT GO NEAR HIM OR BE WITH IN 5 FEET OF HIM!! DO YOU GOT THAT EDWIN HICKTER!?!?!" Carson screams in his face as he towers over the man.

Before anyone can say anything he is back by my side pulling me into his arms walking away my body held close to him. My vision blurs again but this time in a good way. I feel sleep start to set in as I turn my head so my ear lays against his chest listening to his heart beat quietly in his chest.

"I'll protect you." He whispers in softly to me as he looks down at me his eyes softening as he gazes at me. I feel my heart quicken for a second then calm as I listen to his heart beat again.

My eyes grow heavy as he walks. Everything about him is so Rhythmic and relaxing. From his breaths and foot steps, to his heart beat and body heat. I feel myself melt into his arms and my eyes close slowly.

Right as I feel myself drift away into a dream I hear Carson breath out softly,

"I love you."