The Dusk

"I wish I could go back," Carson whispers softly in my ear as we hold each other close curled up on his bed watching movies.

"What do you mean 'Back'?" I question kissing his neck. I look up at his hazel eyes to find them trailed on me.

"Back to when I first met you. Where i treated you like trash and then laughed when you cried. I was a monster, " His voice is quiet and broken making me want to cry.

"The Past is the Past Carson, " I hum softly kissing his lips softly hoping to make him smile.

After a second of kissing me he pulls away clearly upset. I reach up and stroke his cheek hoping to cox what is wrong with him out. He looks down at me and asks leaning down and running is nose along my neck, "Did you hear what happened after I came home that day."

"N-No."

"My father was quite upset with me. I remember it clearly, 'I had just walked inside and I could hear my father speaking with some one. I walked closer to listen to the conversation. My ear was pressed against the wall and i heard, 'You need to take care of your child Samuel. He is a mess!! Did you hear of what happened today? He had beat up an Omega. Those he will one day be forced to protect!' I can still her my father's voice darken, 'He HURT and Omega?!' 'Yes the little Evan's boy Michael!' I pushed away from the wall in hope to leave before my father learned more of my mistake but it was to late. He came around the corner and grabbed me by my shirt and dragged me into his office. I didn't know where the informant went who told of my trouble but i wished i did so I could hurt them to. I remember my father staring down at me his eyes dark and dangerous. I turned and looked at him and made the idiotic choice of saying, 'Whats the issue he is just and Omega.' My father reached out and slapped me hard across the face. I feel to the floor and stared up at him in fright yet confusion. My father yelled at me, 'Just and Omega? Omega's are protected and blessed. Who ever is to have the please of picking one is the highest of the Alphas. He is the only one who can save us all from being all regulars. The Omega carries on the pack life and cares for the pups. With out the Omega's caring and compassion a pack would just simply kill each other. Never EVER treat an Omega badly. They are how you survive.' " Carson whispers into my neck pulling me closer to him.

For some reason my face blushes when he mentions how an Omega's job is to reproduce. I duck my head into his chest hoping to stop the pink in my cheeks. I feel a hand run down my back carefully. I cuddle closer to him. We fall into a comfortable silence as my eyes grow heavy. With in minutes I am out.

I awaken to an empty bed. I frown as no light makes its away into my vision. Confused I sit up my eyes searching for any light only to find the the curtains drawn and the door closed. I push the covers of the bed down and push my legs over the edge. Still slightly tired I walk forward pushing open the door rubbing one of my eyes and yawning. I stumble down the stairs.

"Why did you pick the Omega you did?" I hear a soft female voice question from the door way on my right. I freeze and lean against the wall.

"Because he is perfect. Unique in every way making him beautiful," Carson answers the voice.

"It has nothing to do with how you treated him in Alpha Omega school?" the woman asks. I grind my teeth together to stop a growl.

"Well No, But kinda. I don't know. Maybe?"

"Carson. You can't toy with an Omega's feelings."

"I know Mom, its just i don't know. He is so... so Different? I just want to make him happy!"

"But are you happy?"

"I don't know.. Maybe.. Slightly..." Pause "No."

I feel a whimper slip threw my lips and silence enter the house. He only picked me to make up for grade school. I close my eyes stoping tiers from falling. I clinch my fists tight. I push myself up from my spot on the stairs. I walk into the room where Carson and his mother are.

"Michael!!" Carson shouts horrified. He looks pained as he stands quickly reaching for me. "Love, please listen!"

"no.." I whisper not looking at him as I walk out the door. How could he play with me like that?

I run toward the woulds as fast as my legs can carry me crying. Who Could Love Me? I'm out of my mind.

I sob falling against a tree my body shaking terribly and my vision blurring. I feel my body shake and every cell in my body scream in pain. I feel the beast creep into my mind. That clever part of me. I hear it whisper to me how pointless I am. I nod in agreement.

I feel my body start to shift. I back arches and my cloths rip. I scream as the shift happens.

I can't even begin to describe to you what it feels like to change from human to an animal.

Once I am all collected in wolf form my sorrow and pain takes hold of me. I arch my back and Howl deep into the night. A howl full of pain and betrayal. My body shakes and my mind is blurred from the hurt in my heart of being rejected by my Alpha.