Sighing, I went back to pick my phone and slid my thumb over the device.

“Hey-”

“What happened? Is hunky okay? Don’t tell me you guys had a fight or...argh, I can’t guess. Just spill!” She hissed.

“Well, hello to you too.” I did an irritated eye roll at her lack of patience, “So-”

“Oh no, don’t tell me. I’ll figure it out now!”

She giggled. I restrained myself from giggling at her honest stupidity. “It’s no-”

“You had sex?”

My cheek flushed crimson at her crude option. “W-what?” I sputtered, “No, and even if we did, I wouldn’t te-”

“Pshh, I’ll try again.”

“Adrian, maybe you-”

“Uhh. Okay, you’ve just been told that you have a rich family somewhere and they’ve come to take you and your mum from hunky?” She scoffed.

My left hand smacked against my temple. Ugh! Can you like, let me talk instead?!

I did an eye roll. “This was what I meant when I said, you read too many novels and then think nonsense all day. Where would you even get-”

“Not that one then. Ehh... Mimi and Andre are finally together?” She didn’t bother hiding the mischievousness that coated her tone this time around.

I shuddered at that tone. Was telling her about Mimi and Andre a good thing? Adrian was well known for trying to play the matchmaker and doing whatever she could in her power to make it work. Regardless!

I shook my head. “Adrian, it’s none of these options though I would have loved it to be the third one. Diego called.”

She was about to say something then stopped when my last words registered. “Pshh, what did he want?”

“Rude,” I scolded. “He wants us to hang out with him. You know today is his birthday.”

“Really?”

“Yes Adrie. I told you today was his birthday but didn’t think he would want to hang out with us.” My shoulders lifted heavily in a shrug.

“Well if you and hunkie are going, then I’m going too.” She still called Stephano hunkie. He would die of mortification if he ever found out about this.

“Why?”

“Uh, duh, bodyguard alert here.”

A giggle spilled off my lips. “Don’t you like, have a go out or something? Better still, go to some family or relationship celebration thingy.”

“No honey. I wouldn’t miss a chance of seeing hunkie get your virgin ass all flustered and taunt Diego about it.” ‘Honey’ I wondered. Now I remembered why I called her. I wanted to tell her about Diego and his constant use of endearments.

“You’re far away already... Hmm. Thinking about sucking Stefie’s lollipop again already?” Crimson flushed my cheeks and neck. I licked my lower lips, restraining a groan at the familiar feeling that coursed through me.

“M-mind your own d-damn business!” I whisper yelled though I was alone in my room, restraining the smile threatening to break onto my face. I was still pacing around the room, stalling. Why hadn’t I told her about Diego’s endearment? Ugh. Maybe there was no need to tell her. She didn’t have to know everything, also, she had never liked Diego so I knew Adrian would take it personal.

“I’ll tell you one last time you monkey, your business was mine before it became yours. Now I’ll be there in two hours, it’s better than answering my step-mom’s questions when she asks about my love life for the umpteenth time.” She huffed.