xii

The silence was music to Minhyuk's ears.

The ceiling was his best friend.

The bed was his anchor.

Minhyuk was so darn depressed, he himself wondered how the Hell he ended up like this. Everything was fine before Hyungwon showed up again, and ever since then, things just started going downhill.

Minhyuk knew that, of course. He knew that before Hoseok began meeting up with Hyungwon instead of him. He'd known that since the beginning.

What he didn't know, though, was how much love could hurt.

Before, he just felt anger towards Hyungwon, but now that he had grown and matured somewhat, Minhyuk was realising the depth of his feelings, and the constant rejection he would face if he confessed to Hoseok dissipated into a feeling of sadness and emptiness.

Fair enough, if he couldn't have Hoseok as his love, he would still be grateful for him as a best friend. But with the way things were turning out already, Minhyuk feared that he wouldn't be able to have either.

He reflected on Kihyun's words from a couple of days ago:

"Don't put him through the pain of having to wait for an explanation again."

God. That was exactly what Minhyuk was doing.

Sitting up rather quickly, Minhyuk pressed a hand to his forehead to try and ease the pain that had settled there from moving too fast.

Reaching for his phone, he turned it on for the first time in seven days.

When did he become this person? He was never this rude to anyone, let alone Hoseok - his best friend.

Minhyuk would be lucky if Hoseok still wanted anything to do with him.

He wasn't surprised to see a load of texts from various numbers and missed calls flash across his screen, and he opened up the texts from Hoseok first.

From: shitface 
hey

From: shitface 
heyyyyyy

From: shitface 
minhyuk, dude. are you ok?

From: shitface 
did something happen?

From: shitface 
are you angry with me or smth?

From: shitface
come on man this isn't like you

From: shitface 
i'm actually getting worried you ass

From: shitface 
it's been like three days i miss my bro