Chapter 1

I awoke to my alarm playing 3 Days Grace. Their songs inspire me to keep moving, even though I'm carrying part of a monster.

I get dressed in a baggy sweatshirt so no one questions my swollen stomach or large chest.

Only my parents understand what happened. The rest of the family disowned me, like my grandparents and other relatives.

I'm glad my parents understood because my family is tight. Even over-protective Caleb understands and it was his best friend who got put in jail.

This is my junior year in high school. I'm just going to stay in the background as much as possible.

You know those cliché stories where the character always says something like that and then they end up becoming popular? Not me. I can't  have anyone judge me. I can't imagine what's going to happen in a few months when I'm due.

"Come on, Bumble Bea!" Caleb calls.

I walk downstairs, "Morning Cally Care Bear." I say quietly to Caleb.

Did I mention I don't speak much either? This secret is taking a toll on me.

Caleb tosses me a muffin and we head out to our car.

Mom was kind enough to call the school and tell them about my situation. My teachers are giving me special treatment; I don't have to take gym and I can listen to music during class, as long as it's just one earbud though.

I'm also allowed to go off campus anytime I like, along with Caleb, just in case there's an emergency.

I walk inside of Divergent High with Caleb.

We go to the office to get our schedule. I have the ability to take all honors, but I want to stay in the background so I'm sticking with simple classes.

Tris Prior #646

1. Math-Viski

2.English-Williams

Lunch

3.Science-Mathews

4. History-Lilac

5. Music-Wu

I make my way to my locker quickly and gather my things.

Before I make it to class a wave of nausea hits me.

I run to class quickly and see I'm late and all eyes are on me.

"Morning Ms. Prior." Greets Mr. Viski, "Take a seat next to Tobias."

Instead of walking towards 'Tobias' I tell Mr. Viski my situation and he excuses me of class since it was the first day.

Next thing I know its lunch, second period flew by.

I sit in the back corner at the smallest table. Sadly, Caleb has lunch next period, so I sit here picking at my burger, feeling lonely.

"Excuse me you are at our table." A snobby voice says. I look up and see the cheerleaders of the school. There's three of them, blonde and two brunettes.

"I don't see your name on it." I answer smugly.

"Get up." She growls.

"Whatever. Bye plastics." I know I shouldn't have given up that easily, but I couldn't risk getting punched somewhere that could do harm like my stomach.

Walking out of the cafeteria I run into someone. Looking up, I find myself staring into dark blue eyes, the color of the ocean at night.

"Sorry." I whisper. A tear falling from my eye for no apparent reason.

Hormones, just what I need.

"Are you okay?" His voice is deep, sexy and genuinely concerned.

"Peachy." I mutter sarcastically before scurrying outside to the courtyard.

I sit on a bench that is placed in front of a large oak tree. Daises swarm the bench and tree giving it a picture perfect scene.

I gently place myself on the bench careful not to disturb any of the beautiful flowers or the monarchs that are perched on them. One of them places itself on my hand.

The wings flutter softly, going with the beat of the breeze.

Right now, I see the good in what happened to me, for who would want to harm or rid of a beautiful, innocent creature?

I place my hand on my stomach, little kicks vibrating my hand softly.

What's going to happen to me in a few months?

___________________________________

Next chapter when I get 7 votes and a bunch of comments.

-Slushie260

6/6/15