Thirty-one

My eighteen-year-old sister acts like a two-year-old that hasn't been taught anything of whats right and whats wrong omfl

Y/n's POV

All of us have been sitting here for two hours, at least. We've already paid and could leave at any moment, but we were having too much fun to leave. I was full of food, I was extremely tired, but I didn't want to go home. Its all too fun here.

Ethan leans over to me while Mark tells a story about him and his brother. "Hey, you wanna get outta here and go to a park or something?"

With a wide smile, I nod. We stayed for a few more minutes before we said our goodbyes and parted from the group that was slowly shrinking. When we got there, there were 18 of us(counting Ethan and me), but when we left there were only nine left.

Because a park was so close, we decided to walk there. Yeah, it's freezing cold, but it was more fun nonetheless. And it gave us more time together.

"Y'know," Ethan starts. "Before I knew you, I used to think you were this girl who only cared about her grades, because whenever I saw you, you always had your nose in a book, or you working on something. I was convinced you were boring to be around."

"Wow thanks," I giggle. The lampposts along the side of the sidewalks were the only source of light we had.

"I don't think that of you now, of course." Ethan chuckled. "When we met in person for the first time, I was totally confused. Y/n L/n was the one messaging me this entire time? But it was all fun. I'm really happy we met."

I stare down at the concrete below us with a wide smile. "I used to be terrified of you." I giggle. "No doubt, a lot of people in our school are."

"Seriously?" Ethan asks, looking over at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah!" I laugh. "You give out the most intimidating looks like it's candy."

"I didn't know I did that!" He laughs.

It went back to silence for a second before I spoke again.

"I had no actual opinion on either you or anyone on the team. I didn't know much about you guys, but I constantly heard Bex talk about you guys as if you killed her family, then Lake as if you guys were gods. I never knew what to think, so I just didn't think about it at all."

"I kinda had the feeling Bex hated us." He nodded.

"Really?" I say sarcastically.

He laughs. "Just a little." He jokes.

"She'll have to deal with it now that two of her friends are dating those people she hates."

"Two?" Ethan smirks.

I roll my eyes and bump his shoulder with mine. "Shut up."

"Aw!" Ethan teases. "You wove me!" Ethan says in a child's voice, stopping to hug me tightly to him. I, however, didn't hug him back. My hands stayed put in my pockets.

He laughs then lets me go and we continue our way down the sidewalk.

"Just a wittle." I mumble in the same child's voice as Ethan's.

"A wittle?" He asks, holding up his thumb and pointer finger and pinching the air.

"Yeah," I nod.

"Not this much?" He asks, returning to his normal voice and expanding the space between his fingers.

"No." I joke, shaking my head.

"How about this much?" Ethan questions, taking both his hands and giving a foots length between them.

"Nope."

He widens his arms as far apart as they could possibly go. "This much?"

"It won't be at all if you ask me again." I smirk.

I giggle. The park was coming into view. The green grass looked darker now that the sun wasn't out. The trees surrounding the area blocked any light from the lamppost to come in, making it difficult to see anything there. Ethan pulled his phone out from his pocket and turned the flashlight on as we entered.

"Well then." Ethan says, pretending to be hurt at what I had just said. Then his smirk made another appearance. "I think I'm running out of luck. Mind giving me some more?"

We stop walking. I stand opposite of him, tapping my finger against my chin to show I'm thinking. "You'll have to earn it!"

Without knowing of where to go, I run off into the darkness. While running as fast as I possibly could, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and turn the flashlight on.

Once again, Ethan caught me quite quickly. He turned me to face him, an adorable smile on his face. "How about now?" He asks, slightly out of breath.

Without hesitation, I stand on my toes, wrapped my arms around his neck, and connected our lips.