Twenty-eight

Fucking love that picture of him☝️

I just noticed this whole time I've been writing fanfiction(two years), I've always put Y/n POV and not Y/n's POV...I'm sORRY

Am I the only one who feels intimidated when my friends read my things on here?(hi Emily, Kellie, and Andrew...)

Y/n's POV

"I'm telling you, Rowen is jealous!" Laken giggles.

I roll my eyes, scanning the room for any sign of Lucy. "I highly doubt that, Lake."

"Just think about it! You've spent so much time with Ethan-"

"He doesn't like me. We're like brother and sister. It'd basically be incest if we got together."

"One, ew. Two, he likes you! I know it!"

I lean against the dark blue and black table in front of me. "He doesn't."

"Every time he sees you with Ethan it's like his bright spirit dims a bit." Lake states. "I will set you two up. I love being cupid!"

With that, she hangs up. I sigh with a simple eye roll, and shove my phone in my back pocket. Today I was at work once again. If it wasn't obvious, I hated this place. I would do anything to convince my mom to allow me to quit and never get a job for the rest of my high school days.

"You look stressed. You okay?"

I take my head out from my hands to be met with a confused looking Ethan. A smile grows on his face, lifting up a light brown cup with a white lid. "Brought coffee for ya."

Standing up straight, I take the coffee into my hands and take a sip. "Thank you."

"No problem."

"What're you doing here?" I ask, sending a thankful smile his way.

"Got bored and decided to come and see you." Ethan shrugs. "When do you get off?"

"About two hours, why?"

"You doing anything after this?"

"No," I answer slowly. "Why?"

He grins happily. "Come to my place when you get off."

"Okay, but why?" I repeat for the third time.

"SGD got pushed back a couple hours and-" before Ethan could say any more, a lady walked up to us holding a red and black striped shirt. "Can I return things here?" She asks.

"Yes ma'am." I grin. As I've recently been told, I look too depressed when I work. So Lucy wants me to smile to every person who walks up. "Are you returning that shirt?"

She nods and places it on the counter.

"Do you have the receipt?" I ask. Ethan is standing to the side, attempting to be invisible.

"Why would I need a receipt?" The lady asks, confusion written all over her face.

I give up on the happy act and send her a look telling her that was the stupidest question. "So you can prove you bought it?"
(Don't go correcting me that you don't absolutely need a receipt to return things, just keep reading XD )

"Can't you just take it and give me my money? It has the tag on it!" She yells, pulling the tag out and showing it to me.

"I said nothing about the tag, I need the receipt." I say, showing frustration.