Chapter 11

He took a moment to answer her question. He wanted to use the right words. 

"Everyone has really." He finally answered. 

"But I didn't know you had that kind of problems." She said. "I know why I do, when you're dying, depression can get to ya. 

"Ally. Listen, death is not the answer, okay? And there will always be pain and fear and all those horrible things in the world. But death is not the answer I just want you to know that. Even if it's not that bad."

She leaned on his shoulder. "Do you ever get scared?"

"Yeah." He replied. "Everyone gets scared sometimes."  

"I'm scared a lot." 

"Are you scared right now?" 

"No.... I'm, not." She replied, holding his hand. 

"Good, just know that no matter how bad things get, it will always get better. Life is always worth living." 

She sat up and looked at him with amazement. She wrapped her arms around the back of his neck, with tears still running down her face. He returned the hug. 

"Do you feel up to leaving the house for a bit?" 

She nodded. "Where?" 

"The pond was what I was thinking. I mean, you like it there, so I thought that that might help you relax." He said, letting go of her and wiping a tear off of her face. 

"Yeah, let's go." 

He held her hand as they walked down the stairs, but he let go at the sight of her Dad. 

"Where are you two going?" He asked, putting his hands on his hips. 

"I was going to take her to Amelia Pond, sir." Gerard said. "That won't be a problem, will it?" 

Her Dad glared at him. "Don't be out long." 

Gerard parted his lips to say something, but knowing that it would be rude, Ally pulled him out the door. 

**************************** 

The car was silent, except for the hum of the vehicle and the rain that fell on the windshield. 

"I want you to call me, anytime you want." He said, glancing between her and the road. "Anytime you have a problem, or whatever the reason is."  

The corner of her lips turned up. "Thank you, and you can call me too, anytime. We can help each other out." 

Gerard smiled at her response. 

******************************* 

They made their way down the same path as all the other times. It was raining, so they sat a bit further back where the trees were a little thicker, thick enough to keep them from getting soaked was all that they were going for. 

"Why didn't just bring umbrellas?" She asked. 

"Where's the fun in that? Getting a little wet is fun." He said with a smile. 

She sat down beside him and leaned her head on his shoulder. He gently put his head on her's. His hand slowly made it's way to her's, and her eyes widened at the feeling of something touching her hand. She looked down and saw that it was his hand, resting on top of her dry, pail, and rather small hand. She held hid hand back. It felt nice, his warm, and kind of soft, hand on her's. She could tell a slight smile appeared on his face at the feeling of her holding his hand. 

******************************************  

On the way back to her house, it still rained, and this time it was dark. He pulled into her driveway and put the car in park. He ran around the front of the vehicle to get the door for her. He held out his hand to help her out, she grabbed it. They stood right there for a minute after she was out. After a few moments, they were soaked. 

He gently put a hand on her cheek as rain ran down it. She looked up at him. Some if his hair fell in front of his face, but she could still see his hazel eyes gleaming. He brought her in for a hug, which she returned. 

"I don't want to feel that way." He said. "If you ever need me, you know where to find m, like I said." He said, breaking the hug. 

He leaned toward her and the first thing that ran through her mind was "oh shit he's going to kiss me!" But to her surprise, he only kissed her cheek and looked at her with a closed mouth smile. 

"Goodnight, Ally." He said. "I'll see you tomorrow." With that, he drove away. 

She went inside, slightly disappointed that he didn't actually kiss her. "What am I thinking?!" She asked herself. "Gerard is just a friend, I don't like him like that!" 

______________________________________________________ 

:) Vote and comment please! And thanks for reading! :D