Chapter 3

"Knock knock!" A voice said, knocking on Ally's front door in a sing-a-song voice.

After waiting for someone else to answer it, Ally ended up having to. No one else was awake. But neither was she until she heard it. So after putting on the hood of her bath robe, she went to answer it. 

"Oh, hey Frank." Ally said rubbing her eyes. 

"Hey, Ally." He said with a smile. "Can I come in?" 

"Yeah, of course." She said opening the door wider.      

"Oh, everyone's asleep." He said putting his hands in his pocket. "So, then I probably woke you?" 

"Yeah, it's fine though." She explained. "I should get ready for the day. You can come up when I've finished changing." 

He waited in the hallway for a few minutes before she called him up. 

"So, which one?" She said holding out two different color beanies. One was blue one was black. 

"Hmm." He said stroking an imaginary goatee. "Black." 

She tossed the blue one, and put the black one on. 

"Didn't you say that you wanted one of those wig things?" He said sitting down on the side of her bed. 

"Yeah, I did." She sighed. "I still do, but we don't have the money for it."  

"Bummer." 

"Definitely. It costed a lot for the chemotherapy, so that's pretty much the only reason." She said sitting down next to him. "I don't see the point in therapy." 

"Why?" He asked, slightly tilting his head. 

"Because it doesn't work." She explained. "It won't change anything, at least for me." 

"Hey." He said putting his arm around her. It's okay." 

She leaned on his shoulder. "Yeah. But it still sucks." 

"Well I guess that's true. I'm sorry." He said. "Oh! I forgot to tell you. I'm saving up for a new guitar." 

"Cool!" She said lifting her head from his shoulder. 

"And maybe I'll let you play it sometime." He said with a smile. "I do 'owe you" He used air quotes on the word 'owe'. 

"Yeah you do." She laughed.  

"So, what did you think of Gerard?" 

"He's nice. My parents don't seem to like him though." She explained. "Yesterday I met his brother, Mikey. He's nice too." 

"Ah. Yeah, they're pretty cool." He said. "Oh, and one of the reasons I asked you about Gerard, is because I'm taking you to lunch today. And he'll be coming too." 

"That sounds like fun!" 

*Knock

"Come in!" Ally said, hearing a knock on her door. 

"Ally, are you coming down for breakfast?" Her Mom said opening her door. "Oh, hi Frank!" 

"Hey Mrs. S." He said with an ear to ear smile. 

"Breakfast sounds good." Ally said standing up and heading down stairs. "Coming, Frank?" 

"Coming!" He said in a high singing voice. 

They all sat down for breakfast. Ally's mom had made chocolate chip pancakes. Crystal and Kenny didn't say a word the whole time, they were too busy stuffing their faces. While her Dad read the paper.