Chapter nineteen- BETRAYAL!! ... It's the worst feeling.

Start from the beginning

"Wow, Ash so I suddenly become this person. Isn't that great?... Who was that? boyfriend number two. What in the world is wrong with you?" Greg said anger evident in his voice.

"Just because I'm not you that goes punching any guy that makes mere advances to my fiancee, doesn't mean that I have no respect for commitment," I said poking him on his chest.

"She says mere advances," Greg said raising his hands up like he was speaking to an audience. He then turned back to me.
"I don't see a guy hitting your butt as you walked past him as a mere advance. Or did you secretly enjoy him harassing you?"

"Are you listening to yourself, Greg?... Does harassment seem like something someone will enjoy?" I snorted in anger.

Wow! Lots of bad vibes going on this night.

"The fact that you didn't react shows that you were enjoying it."
"Just because I don't punch people, doesn't mean I enjoyed what that guy did. There's something called acting civilized. Haven't you heard of the word?" I asked him mockingly.

"So you're saying I'm going all bananas on people? That I'm acting crazy?" He said narrowing his into slits.
"For goodness sake, Greg stop jumping into conclusions, and act mature for once," I said while raising my hands in frustration.

"You want to know what I think?... I'm tired of wasting my time with a skank like you. I want a break from all these."
"You called me a skank Greg?" I said with more disappointment than anger.
"Yes, I did. Or did I stutter?" He asked me mockingly.

I'm not going to give him the satisfaction and cry. I can't believe the same Greg I love will call me a skank. We haven't fought like this before, I don't know what was happening this night.

"Fine. Let's break off our engagement if that's what you want." I said blocking any trace of emotion.

If he wants to be an ass that's fine.

"This is what I want and I'm very certain of the way I feel. Don't even know what I was thinking of asking you to marry me." He said looking at me with disgust.

Ouch! That hit me right in the heart.

"Get out of my house and don't ever show your face here," I said pointing my finger at the door.

"I wouldn't even come back here even if my life depended on it. Good riddance to rubbish." He finished and stalked out of the door.

Is this how heartbreak feels like? 'cause I think my heart just shattered into a thousand unfixable pieces.

I forgot to call Jason back because I cried myself to sleep that night.

And that stupid part of my heart and brain still missed Greg after what he said to me.

💟Mia's P.O.V💓

I listened carefully to Ashley and Jason's conversation.
I wanted to ask Jason to come to watch a movie with me since I felt down. After we got home from the concert where I found out Dayne was cheating on me I went to my room immediately but I decided to come out now. I didn't want to wallow in self-pity after what I saw. I wanted to act strong but what I heard Jason say broke my resolve.

"So you both knew about this all along but you didn't tell me?" I said immediately I stepped into the room after Jason stopped speaking. Meaning he already ended the call.
I saw guilt flash in his eyes.

At least he feels bad about it.

"I'm sorry Mia but it wasn't my place to tell you." He said, standing up from his bed and coming close to me.
"You watched me make a fool out of myself while you knew all along. I feel very stupid and totally dumb. I thought we were friends." I said as tears started clouding my vision.