parting is such sweet sorrow

Friday, November 2017, Dublin

Levi's POV:

Awed by his embarrassment and the significance of the question, I hesitated for a moment, trying to figure out an appropriate answer. He looked so unbelievably precious, blushed and wide-eyed, anxiously waiting for my answer. I would have loved to answer him whatever he wanted to hear, but to be honest, I didn't even know what we were myself, neither how I felt about all of this right now. There were so many feelings inside my chest, some blissful and endearing and generally arousing but most of the time, when I was unable to suppress them, they were nearly tearing me apart. Conflicted by my incredible feeling of happiness and sincere appreciation of our close proximity on the one hand and me questioning my sexuality and my feelings, believing myself to be still straight and a fucking womaniser, on the other hand, I could not seem to find the right answer. Therefore I quickly turned around to him and took his worried face between my large hands, to wrap him in a captivating and passionate kiss, neatly avoiding having to answer him at all.

When I finally let go of him again, Elliot started to breathe heavily and the colour of his cheeks had turned from the light shade of red from before to the passionate scarlet red tone that I was so used to by now. He seemed to be more than satisfied with this answer, as he quietly moaned and snuggled up on my shoulder, whispering a relieved "Thank you so much..." in my ear, still panting heavily. Given this reaction, I was more than content myself with the way I had managed to avoid his question since him being so happy was all that I wanted and needed right now, anyway. I would still have enough time to worry about the exact definition of what we were and my damn sexuality afterwards. We continued to stroll through the park for a little while, walking underneath the majestic trees, taking in the damp but light air, and this time slowly returning the way that we came from once again since we soon would have to meet up with the students again. Leaving St. Stephen's Green, we turned right into Grafton Street, enjoying the last possibility to take in Dublin's captivating atmosphere. When we returned to Essex Street we quickly grabbed a bagel in the nearby O'Briens which we ate on our way back to the hotel. Elliot's mood was as careless and blissful as it had been before and I was quite certain that my hand that I had constantly placed on his waist, clutching him tightly to my side, contributed significantly to it.

This time, we made sure to arrive early so that there would be no sassy comments from the students and when all the of them had returned, Elliot smirked and commented: "Alright guys, now you can't make any sassy comments about us being late as usual, because actually, we were here 10 minutes early. Who's too late now?". He raised his eyebrows at the particular group of girls that we engaged with all the time, consisting of Emma, Stella and Valerie, which we had infamously named the "Giggly Girls". They seemed to realized that especially they were meant, starting to break out in heavy giggling, barely able to contain themselves. After all of us had regained their composure and the last latecomers had finally arrived, we've quickly taken our suitcases from the storage room, said goodbye at the reception before we could make our way to the bus stop. What I had not anticipated before was who we would meet again at the reception.

Blondie, who I had so desperately wanted to see this week, when I was still looking for an occasional one-night stand, was standing right there, staring at me wide-eyed when we entered, assuring me with her gaze that she did of course still remember who we were. However, the situation had changed significantly and I couldn't deny that I was actually quite happy about it. Placing my hand on Elliot's waist once again and pulling him closer to myself, we made our way towards the counter together. This unforeseen touch made Elliot shiver noticeably since it had actually been an unspoken rule between us to refrain from touching when our students were in visual range but I figured that it would be fine since they were currently completely occupied with their luggage outside. Although there was still another customer in front of us which Blondie was still occupied with, she had undoubtedly noticed us, trying to catch one of my gazes. I lead Elliot to a place behind the man and decided to deliberately make use of our waiting time and pulled Elliot closer to me engaging him in an almost sexual, electrifying kiss, right were Blondie could see us. Due to her obvious astonishment the conversation and process of checking out, when it was our turn, was extremely short and awkward, but I could not cease to wear an extraordinarily wide grin on my face, and pull my Elliot even closer to my side, which he obviously didn't object to. There was this prickling warm sensation in my chest that I was absolutely not used to but that made me feel so fucking blissful and that I knew for sure no Blondie, Susan, Clare, Valerie, Alice or some other damn woman could have ever given to me.