Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I quickly ran to class. When I stopped in front of my AP chemistry class, I took a deep breath and turned the knob.

“Ms. Grentil, we would love for you to join our class on time.” Said Mr. Avee with a stern voice.

Great now I’m going to get detention but then something sparked.

I went up and said in a low voice, “I’m so sorry Mr. Avee but I had to take care of some girl problems.”

His eyes suddenly lit up and I knew it worked.

“Just don’t be late next time.”

I turned around facing my back towards him and smiled smugly as I was heading towards Sam. Yep we were in the same class together and he was going to pay for ditching me.

I quickly sat down and took my notebook out and stared at the board as Mr. Avee was teaching something about stoichiometry.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Sam shift his head to my direction. “How’s your lovely new bruise?”

No answer came out from my mouth

“But it’s dark and blue and I swear it’s changing to a dark purple”

Nope no answer came out.

“Oh come on Saph, this is your first time late and you know if I would arrived to class late I would need to stay in detention today. Plus I knew you were going to use your “girl” excuse to get out of trouble. It’s handy.”

“How’d you know?”

“See I knew I could get you to talk.”

“Mr. Nical, would you kindly share the answer to this question on the board please?” Mr. Avee said with a sly smile.

I quickly looked down and pretended to do my work.

“The answer is 2.6.”

Mr. Avee looked at him with a shocked look. “And Ms. Grentil would you like to add on?”

Crap he took me by surprise; I didn’t expect him to ask me. I quickly looked up with a blank face. I felt my face turn red and felt my heartbeat run through my fingers. “ummm ummmm…..grams.”

“Thank you Ms. Grentil.”

As soon as Mr. Avee turned around Sam started snickering at me, “you should have seen the look on your face, it was priceless”.

“You know I always go red when someone takes me by surprise, especially if it involves SCHOOLWORK!”

“Shh” said Sam. “Do you want to be taken by surprise again!?”

For the rest of the period I kept my mouth shut just in case Mr. Avee wanted to call on me again. Every time he looked over our table, I would quickly look down to pretend like I’m solving a problem.

RINGGG!!!

Finally, class was over now I get to change and go play some sports! I’m not a very athletic person like Sam, but I enjoy playing sports especially volleyball and basketball.

I was walking right out of the classroom when Sam gave me a scare.

“Damn girl, you’re easy to scare.”

I turned around to look at him and suddenly his green sea foam eyes caught me and instantly I remembered Lou. I wonder if Lou was his real name or short for something. His eyes were so beautiful. Suddenly, Sam snapped me out of my thoughts.