2 2 | f r i e n d s h i p s

Start from the beginning

"I just..." she sighed a little, "I'm not going to be a bitch just because you're the girl who makes him feel whole and I'm not. Yeah am I bitter about it? For sure. But I can't stand by and watch them hurt you just because he wants you over me. That's just selfish thinking and it's one of the qualities I never want to possess."

"But he doesn't want me," Evelyn tried to explain, "I told him how I felt and he threw my confession back in my face. He said that he's had other girls, that he's had you, that he's had better and I'll never be one of his options."

Tiana shook her head as if ignoring Evelyn's words. She quickly turned into a gated community that eerily resembled Maddox's. Soon enough, she took a turn into a driveway that led to Maddox's house.

So this is where she brought me, Evelyn thought.

"He said that?"

Evelyn nodded with confidence as if she had convinced Tiana that Maddox indeed felt nothing towards her.

Rolling her eyes, Tiana angrily got out of the car before slamming the door shut. It all happened so fast, Evelyn struggled to keep up as she quickened her pace to stay in line with Tiana.

"You're right," Tiana mumbled under her breath in annoyance, "that boy deserves the title of asshat."

Evelyn expected Tiana to stop to ring the doorbell, but instead, she barged through the already unlocked doors as if she owned the place. Eyes wide in surprise, Evelyn followed her as she stomped towards the noise coming from Maddox's room.

They entered Maddox's room and Evelyn surveyed the scene in front of her. Maddox sat lazily on his bed as him and another boy intensely battled each other in some violent video game.

Tiana had other plans however and quickly pulled the wires connecting the TV to the outlet before she stood in front of the screen tapping her foot. She grabbed one of the remotes sitting on the TV stand before chucking it at Maddox's head.

"You are an absolute asshat. You're a fucktard. A douche. A jerk. A man-whore and any other word I can think of!"

Evelyn was taken aback by the loud voice of the furious girl standing in front of her. It seemed everyone in the room was. Luckily, no one had noticed her particular presence so she stood leaning against the door way watching the exchange.

"You told her that you could do better?! Are you kidding? She's the best there is Maddox. What the actual fuck is wrong with you?"

Realizing Tiana might actually murder Maddox, Evelyn quickly stepped between them just as Tiana picked up another solid object to throw at Maddox.

"Okay okay he gets it!" Evelyn nervously yelled trying to stop hell from unleashing.

She turned around and made eye contact with Maddox and she knew the blush on her cheeks was more prominent than ever before. Her eyes drifted to the boy beside him and she took a double take. The boy obviously remembered her too because he sat up a little straighter before exclaiming dramatically, "You!"

She resisted the urge to roll her eyes before saying the exact same word back to him, "You?"

He looked between her and Maddox before realization hit him and a smirk made its way across his face, "Ohhhhhh so he's my competition huh?"

Evelyn gasped as he wiggled his eyebrows at her and before she knew, she was grabbing the object out of Tiana's hand and chucking it at him.

"Shut up!" she shrieked.

The boy dodged the object before falling back in a fit of laughter.

Maddox glared coldly at the boy, "You know her?"