Chapter Thirty-Six

Depuis le début

"No no no! It's fine no need to apologize," he said. "I'm just trying to make conversation I guess." Mister Borres stared at the floor, furrowing his eyebrows. "Jordan, this case has been going on for over twenty years, are you sure you'll be able to find the guy?"

He had a very valid point for asking that question. Jordan did say that once she found the guy, she would move to the Philippines with her father. But each day that passed, the chances of that happening kept decreasing.

"I'm trying my best, bubba. Please believe that," she whispered. Mister Borres walked over to the window, placing a hand on the frame and nodding. He had a hint of hesitation before he spoke again.

"Ok. I believe you."

-x-

Walter wrote something down in his pocket notepad, repeating the word "yea" while he had his phone desk pressed to his ear. Seth came into the squad room with a box of donuts in one hand, and his suit jacket in the other. He walked to his desk, setting down the jacket over his rolling chair. He looked at his partner, offering him a donut. Walter held up a finger to him, signaling to him to wait just a minute.

"As soon as possible, it would be very helpful towards our investigation... yes I understand... yes I'll hold," Walter sighed as he rested the phone against his shoulder. Seth opened the box of donuts to Walter, letting him take a blue frosted one with sprinkles.

"What was that about?" Seth asked.

"I'm trying to get Nico's files from immigration. Its a lot harder than I imagined," Walter said with a mouthful of donut.

Seth sat down at his desk, eating a pink frosted donut with sprinkles. "Did you tell them this is a triple murder case?"

"Yea but they said they're still trying to find it." Walter rolled his eyes getting comfortable in his chair as the music from the phone kept playing. "Hey, while I'm waiting for the files, mind calling Zach Sorrentino to see if you can get Nico's work files? I think it'll be really helpful."

"Already on it," Seth said as he picked up his desk phone and a card, dialing the number on it. After a few rings, the phone was picked up.

"Sorrentino on the line," Zach said.

"Mister Sorrentino, its me, detective Lance. We spoke the other day."

"Oh yes, I remember you. How can I help you?"

"I would like Nico's work file," Seth said. "If you can get it ready by this afternoon, I can go and pick it up."

"Ok."

"Oh and one more thing, I would like to interview your employee's. Whether they knew something or not, I think it would still help us if I interviewed them."

"Alright then. I'll inform them."

Seth smiled. "Thank you very much. I'll see you soon." Seth hung up the phone and grabbed a pen to start doing his paperwork. Walter was still placed on hold, which annoyed him because he wanted to get this over with as quick as possible.

"Thank you for waiting how may I help you?" A man's voice said on the other line. He sounded annoyed which ticked off Walter cause he was even more annoyed that the man. He had been put on hold three times already for no reason. He clenched his hand into a fist, trying to control himself.

"Yes, I would like to get Nico LaBelle's immigration files, please. He's a victim of a murder that is still being investigated."

"Sir, we don't have those files," the man said.