Since Sarah was one of the most intelligent kids in her school, most of the classes she got were made for juniors instead of sophomores. She didn't really mind that a whole lot. After all, the kids in her grade were really mean towards her. So maybe she could make friends with some juniors instead.

"I like your outfit!" Someone said behind Sarah. She turned around, seeing a girl and what looked like a guy standing around with her. The girl smiled at Sarah but the boy just had his arms crossed, probably staring at her disapprovingly through his dark sunglasses.

At first she thought that they were talking about someone else. But the girl kept smiling at her.

"Are you talking to me?" She asked.

"Yea! Your outfit is so rad!"

Sarah let out a chuckle at the compliment. She didn't really get them so often, so she was really flattered. "Oh thanks."

"What's your name?"

"I'm Sarah. And you?"

"Heather," the girl responded. "And this goofball over here is Bradley, but just call him Brad."

"Hold on, only people close to me get to call me Brad," he looked at Sarah up and down, raising a brow.

Heather rolled her eyes and gently punched Brad in his shoulder. "Whatever." Heather stuck her tongue out at him before looking back at Sarah. She held her books close to her chest. "What grade are you in?"

"I'm a sophomore but most of my classes are junior leveled."

"Oh that's cool. You like, super smart?"

Sarah shrugged. "I guess so." Sarah's eyes wandered down to the girls wrist, seeing a rainbow colored bracelet. She got a sudden feeling in her stomach, a feeling of happiness. "I like your bracelet."

Heather looked at her wrist and smiled. "Thanks. It symbolizes who I am."

Sarah leaned forward a bit, biting on her bottom lip. She wanted to ask Heather if it symbolized what she thought it did. "Oh. D–does it symbolize pride?"

Heather smiled at Sarah and took her hand into hers. Bradley pulled down his sunglasses just a bit, staring at Sarah, this time with a crack of a smile.

"You might just be one of the few good ones," he chimed. Sarah chuckled and brushed her hair behind her ear.

-x-

Jordan turned on the lights in the hotel room, her eyes wondering over to the neatly made bed. She closed the door behind her and walked over to it, placing her hand on her hip while the other gently touched the bed.

"You want anything?" Her dad asked. Jordan shook her head. She looked at him. He looked a little skinnier than the last time she saw him. It was concerning.

"Bubba, have you eaten?"

Her dad sighed. "I try to, Jordan. But I do not have the appetite." He crossed his arms and scoffed. "Especially when it comes to American food."

Jordan chuckled and nodded in agreement. "Yea, you're right," she said. "Its pretty fattening. But there's some really good restaurants around here. Like the one we went to. And I heard that there's a brand new Filipino restaurant that opened up a few miles from here. I've tried it with my partner, Jonathan. He liked it a lot and trust me he's a very picky eater."

Mister Borres coughed a bit with the sound of wheezing. His cancer was getting worse every minute of the day. "Hows uh... the case going?"

Jordan frowned. "Bubba, you know I can't discuss an ongoing investigation with you. I'm sorry."