The New Neighbors

All ideas in this story are fiction, including character names, story names, etc. During the story, things like song and band names will be used. I have no ownership over them, and their lyrics/band names/ song names go to their rightful owners. It is completely coincidental if character names or store names relate to things in real life because again, they are fictional. Some company names in this story have been used for item details (ex: Jeep), but I have no ownership over them. All story ideas are my own, and it is completely coincidental if they seem similar to other stories.

****

Chapter 1:

The New Neighbors

"I can't believe that it's already the end of summer and school starts in a few days" I groan to Kyle, my best friend.

"I know, but at least it's our last year. Do you want to get some coffee with Em later?" He asks.

"Sure, what time?"I ask.

"2  o'clock"

"Okay" I say and hang up.

I check my watch and see that it's only 12, so I decide to go and take take my dog, Rocko, for a walk in our neighborhood.

I change into shorts and a tank top and go downstairs.

I grab Rocko's leash and call his name. He comes plowing into me, nearly knocking me down.

"Rocko want to go for a walk?" I ask him in the voice that is always used when talking to such adorable things.

He goes towards our front door and scratches on it, indicating that he wants to, so I put his leash on and rush out the door.

Luckily I had worn shorts because it was burning out here. It had to be at least 90 degrees out here.

I put on my ear phones on and put on Maps by Maroon 5.

I sing the lyrics aloud, not caring who hears me.

"I miss the taste of a sweeter life
I miss the conversation
I'm searching for a song tonight
I'm changing all of the stations

I like to think that we had it all
We drew a map to a better place
But on that road I took a fall
Oh baby why did you run away?

I was there for you
In your darkest times
I was there for you
In your darkest night

But I wonder where were you-"

Right as I was about to hit the high note, someone stops right in front of me.

I take of one of my earphones out and look at the dude and give him the "move-before-I-kick-you-where-the-sun-doesn't-shine" look.

"Are you done checking me out?", he asks amused

"I wasn't douchebag, and who the hell are you and what do you want" I asked, not bothering to hide my annoyance.

"I just moved here and was jogging when I heard your beautiful singing, which I'm surprised hasn't woken up everyone in the neighborhood", he says sarcastically.

New neighbors? Crap.

Mom had told me earlier today that their was a new family that had just moved next door to us and that she had invited them over for dinner tonight.

She'd told me that they had a son my age, but I'd forgot his name.

"Ha ha very funny, " I say, crossing my arms on top of my chest.