"If I can get past that temple... crawling with bugs, I'm sure the sky won't be so bad." I reassured before smirking. "Plus, I'll be there to catch you princess." Link rolled his eyes. "Ha ha, very funny." I smiled and took Link's hand. "Let's just get to Telma's and see what she knows before checking on Ilia." Link brightened up. "Oh yeah!" Link squeezed my hand as we warped back.

We learned that the frail guy, Shad, was in Kakariko village. It was nice because then we could see Ilia and him. Link and I decided to take Epona to Kakariko. I got off and pet her with a soft smile. Her eyes still looked at me wearily, but she trusted me. I smiled as Link ran ahead to speak with Shad. I walked inside and smiled at Ilia as she stood watching Link. "He is very handsome." She said as he hopped down into the cellar.

I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, he is." I murmured and looked at Ilia, for some reason wishing I was her. She and Link had so much history. Ilia seemed to have really loved him... and I was just a second choice. I looked over her and sighed softly, Ilia picked it up right away. "What's wrong... (Y/n)?" She asked remembering my name. I smiled softly, happy she has a bit of progress. "Well... there's this girl at his village." I began, Ilia nodding slowly. "And, Link loved her. A lot. Then, I came in to the picture. I suffer from amnesia too, actually." Ilia perked up hearing such information.

"Really?" She whispered, I nodded. "Yeah. But, this girl? She is so pretty, and nice. And she loved him too, I think. At least had a crush on him." Ilia nodded slowly. "And, well, I wish I was like her I guess. I feel like... a second option. Because she got hurt really badly and we haven't really been able to speak to her since. He hasn't anyway, I really didn't know her that well. I just knew this girl was the kindest one you can find. She protected kids from monsters and loved his horse." Ilia smiled at me softly.

"(Y/n), don't doubt yourself. How does Link treat you?" She asked as I sighed. "Amazing, he makes sure I'm always alright. He even wrapped my leg for me, but knocked me out first." Ilia giggled softly and smiled. "How did he treat the other girl?" I sighed and rubbed my arm. "Like... like she was beautiful and amazing and perfect and everything I'm not." Ilia groaned and grabbed onto my shoulders.

"Maybe the reason he's seeing you is because you aren't what she is!" Ilia said with a huff. "Haven't you thought of that? When you come by I see the way he looks at you, (Y/n). It looks like you just... murdered the biggest monster around! With your bare hands!" She sputtered as my face turned red. "Every single time you two come tromping through looking as though you were ran over by an entire mob of monsters and drowned. You know how he stares at you? Like you don't have blood running down your face or something wrapped in a cast. Link doesn't see you as perfect, he sees you as selfless and brave. He brags about you when you're out of the room playing with the children. (Y/n), he sees you as your own type of beautiful."

Ilia spoke with wisdom in her eyes and for a moment I saw the girl who almost slapped Link for allowing me to trip into a puddle. I saw Ilia before she lost it all. I smiled softly and nodded. "I hope you're right." Ilia snorted and leaned back. "Even though my memory is gone, I know for a fact I'm always right. You may not be perfect (Y/n), but you're you. You're beautiful with blood and guts splattered all over you. Also, you smell." She noted as I looked over my grimy self and laughed.

"Yeah. Running and sweating does that to you. As well as slipping in feces, murdering monsters and getting stuff splattered all over you. It smells like the world being saved, Ilia." I smiled and lifted up my arms. "Look at my hairs too." I laughed and she smiled. "It smells (Y/n)!" She laughed as I put down my arms. "After this (Y/n), please take a shower. There's a hot spring that's not used at night. Try that." Ilia said softly, I nodded.

"Ilia, thank you. You're the friend I need right now." Ilia nodded and turned. "Of course (Y/n), looks like loverboy is here," She said spotting Link crawling from the hole and to Renado. He quickly spoke to him and received a letter before walking over to me. "Let's go (Y/n)." He mumbled quickly looking at Ilia with a pained smile. She smiled back and as soon as he turned, frowned. Ilia looked at Link with sorrow in her eyes as he gently took my hand.

Link lead me out as the sun began to set. "Link, I think we've earned a well deserved shower." I said looking at him. "What do you say?" I asked with a soft smile. Link nodded and turned to the spring behind us. "How about there?" He asked smiling. I frowned and looked at him. "You can, it'll be freezing cold, but that's your choice. I'm getting hot spring water!" I exclaimed breaking away from him and running towards the spring.

"(Y/n)! No! Let me follow you!" The boy whined as I shoved him out of the room and finally slammed the door. "I do not need to be watched all the time Z̷̸̮̙͚̰̱͈͛̍ͨ̈́̚͢͝͠a̷̴̹̟̠͚̔̈̑̒ͮ̆̆͛͗̇͐̔ͩ̚͡͞n̢͌̔̊ͪ̈́ͤ̽̆ͯ̇͏̰̠̬̯̲̼̮͇̀t̵̟̙̠̱̣̞̻̹̥̗͉̭̦̝̼͕̮͆̅̃̍͗͡͡ͅ!" I exclaimed and smiled to myself. I almost remembered. He attempted to bash in the door with a whine. "(Y/n) please! I must keep you safe!" I groaned and kicked the door. "No! I'm showering! Let me shower in piece! You aren't my father!" He continued to shake the door.

Why can't I remember it again? "Exactly! I am not your father, he was a horrid being! You could've died by his hands (Y/n), that's why I will be with you always and forever." I groaned and slammed my face against the door. "Fine!" I hissed. "Just stay right there and I'll call you when I'm done!" I hissed as I heard the scurrying of feet. "Yes (Y/n)!" He said as I heard him sit down. I sighed and began to strip away my cloak slowly...

"(Y/n), I don't want to intrude on you." I turned hearing a voice. I quickly covered my breasts and sank into the hot water. "Who the fuck is there?" I snapped angrily, my weapons all the way across the spring. "Woah, (Y/n)!" I saw Link's head peek out with his eyes covered by his hand. "It's just me, don't worry babe. I just got done myself." He said and got down on his hands and knees. Link began to pat the ground and found a place to sit. He kept his hand over his eyes as I glared at him.

"I just came because I wanted to make sure you were okay up here. Alone. In the dark." I sighed and slowly uncovered myself knowing I was safe. "Actually, I like the darkness. Light hurts my eyes sometimes, irritates me." I said and quickly began to scrape out the grime in my hair. I gagged as I watched the water turn an odd red before fading. Link hummed and pulled his hands away. I stared at him suspiciously before continuing to wash myself. "Also, I just thought it was my obligation to make sure you're safe. Always." I smiled to myself and sighed.

"Link, I just zone out." I said reassuringly. "Also, too shallow for me to drown." I looked at Link and found his hair lit by the little moonlight. It was newly washed and glistened like the sun. Although dark, I could see his eyes threatening to peek. "Hey, we aren't there yet Link. Besides, we have a kingdom to save." I said and scrubbed myself down as Link sighed. "Please (Y/n)? Just one little peek?" I blushed and looked over myself. "No." I said quickly seeing my stretch marks on my body, which weren't the most attractive.

Link smiled softly and turned his head to my direction of splashes. "You're my girlfriend. There isn't an inch of you I won't love." I sighed softly and turned to my clothes. "May I get some underwear on at least?" I asked softly. Link laughed. "Babe, I just want to see what's under your clothes. Of course you can, darling. It won't bother me." I sighed softly and quickly slipped on my underwear and bra before walking to Link. "You can open your eyes now." I mumbled blushing.

Link opened and looked over me with a pleasant smile. "I love your lightning marks. So cool. And look at all your scars!" Link said standing up and slowly tracing his hand over all the scars I was getting and the ones that I've had. "Beautiful, (Y/n)." He insisted before looking down. "(Y/n), let's unwrap your leg and see how it is." I nodded as Link slowly kneeled and I wrapped my leg. He leaned back perplexed. "Wow, (Y/n). It's already healed." He observed before standing and walking to my clothes. Link grabbed them and walked back to me.

"Let's get these back on, we deliver a letter to Telma tomorrow."