-Trading Places-

Link and I arrived in Kakariko village and immediately went to the graveyard. I crawled through the opening and Link followed suit. I stood and saw the young Zora prince standing at his father's grave. Ralis turned and saw us as we swam over to him.  "Is... is your name Link? And you, (Y/n)?" Link turned to me and smiled. "We are, why do you ask?" Ralis cleared his throats and twiddled his fingers. "My mother came to me in a dream. She showed me your images. She spoke of two youths who would save our domain and steer my fate. Two named Link and (Y/n). I must thank you for all you've done. If there is anything I can ever do for you, please tell me. Please." He said quietly, smiling at us. Link pulled out the sketch and handed it to him. "Actually, we were wondering if you could help us out with this." He said. Ralis looked over the sketch and smiled.

"The snowbeast from the mountain? And that red fish he holds... It must be a reekfish. That is a rare specimen found only in the Zora village. It feeds on a valuable type of coral, and without that bait, even our best fishers one cannot catch one. Look closely, my earring is made of that coral. I would like to give it to you." I smiled as he took it off and pressed it into my hand. "May the goddess be with you." He said with a nod. I smiled. "And to you." I held the earring to Link and he smiled. "It looks like it could be used as a hook." He said taking it and quickly attaching it to his fishing pole. He smile and we quickly left.

"Ok (Y/n), you stay here by the cave. I'll go grab the scent of the reekfish." Link said and leaned in for a moment. Link quickly stumbled away from me and slipped into the water. "Uh, fish!" He said and swam away as fast as he could. A Zora guard above me snickered. "What're you laughing about?" I asked. "Well, the fact that you're clueless." He answered. "What? What do you mean?" I frowned and stood. "What did he just try to do?" The guard asked. I blinked. "Uh... I dunno. He leaned in... um..." I looked at the guard. "Drawing a blank here." The guard snickered and pointed to Link who was set on catching a fish. "He just tried to kiss you." The guard smiled. "I noticed how in love he was as soon as you left the domain. He loves you, dear!" I giggled softly and blushed. "Well, I guess." I mumbled. "And from the looks of it, you have the same feelings."

Link sniffed at the ground, I shivered in the snow. He began to follow an invisible trail and I followed shivering. I couldn't feel my feet as we started up the mountain. My hair had frozen and I was shaking like a leaf. Every breath I drew in sent dry air that hurt down my throat. "L-Link," I whispered to the wolf. He turned and gently licked at my knee. "Link I'm so cold." I whispered shaking harder. He whined and looked at my pendant. "I don't know why it's not working!" I said quickly as a gust of wind blew harshly. "Let's keep going, there has to be some sort of shelter somewhere."

We kept walking in the blizzard. I held myself tightly, glaring through the snow. My fingers were turning purple, my eyes watered from the bellowing wind. The tears the escaped my eyes froze on my face. My lips were awfully chapped and I couldn't feel my legs. We finally reached the top of the mountain and everything seemed to still. Link stood in front of me, he had shifted back. He turned and smiled at me. Link silently walked forward and hugged me. I leaned into him and shivered. "Link? You're so warm." I whispered as he tilted my head up. I blinked as he guided me forward in a kiss. I closed my eyes and sighed.

Link heard a thud in the snow and turned to see (Y/n) had collapsed. Her body was being wrapped in warm fur clothes. Link shuddered realizing they were pelts from wolves. Her face was the only thing left out of the warmth. Link shifted back from his wolf form. He tugged his hat down to cover his ears. "(Y/n)." He whispered grabbing her and lifting her up. "Why is it you, why can't it be me?" He murmured and looked at the fur.

"You're a bit late, Zant." Link sighed and held her close to his chest before walking forward. Shadow beings dropped in front of the hero. He ground and shifted to a wolf. He rushed away from (Y/n) and the beings did the same, having no interest in her. Link quickly killed them and went back to hold (Y/n). There he saw a tree and a... giant beside it. Link carefully approached it with (Y/n) in his arms.