-Joking Heroes-

I glared at Link angrily, he ran off laughing as soon as he said it. I walked after him quickly, trying to catch up. He stopped before a cobweb and quickly set fire to it using the lantern. "Ready?" Link asked as the monkey ran in before us. I nodded and walked inside, quickly defeating the monsters. The light of the lantern helped greatly in the dark temple. "Hey, the monkey!" I said seeing her locked up in a cage again. I quickly ran forth to break her free leaving Link with the other monsters. He ran beside me as I set her free, she clapped and climbed up the vines. I followed her quickly and Link came up behind me. We crawled to the top and opened the door, walking inside. Link and I looked around with wide eyes.

"Woah," I whispered walking up the stairs. A spider dropped down and my first instinct was to stab it through the middle. "Well, that works." Link laughed as he ran up beside me a lot up the torches around us. The platforms rose in front of us and we followed the monkey to the other side and opened the door.

On the other wide of the door was windier than hell, blowing in all directions. The monkey began to run across the bridge and I followed. Another monkey came out, larger and it looked mean. It held a boomerang and threw it at me, I ducked. The boomerang missed but cut down all of the ropes holding the bridge. With a gasp I dropped for a moment, then I felt a firm grip around my waist. I turned to find Link looking at me in shock as he held on tightly. I blinked slowly and smiled. I turned in his arms and giggled. "Thank you, o brave hero." I said smiling and gently pushing his arms away. Link stood in the same position before straightening himself out and coughing. "No problem, (Y/n)." I smiled at him as the monkey came back and made sure we followed her through. She leaped onto a rope and hung upside down, opening her arms. "I think she wants us to jump?" Link asked standing at the edge. "You go first," I said quickly.

Link smiled at me, backed up and ran. He leaped off the edge and was caught by the monkey. She swung a bit until Link let go and onto the other side. "It's safe (Y/n)! Just make sure to let go the first time." I nodded and leaped across, grabbing onto the monkey as she swung me back. I let go and tumbled straight into Link. Instead of falling Link caught me and stumbled back into the door flustered. "You need to stop falling for me (Y/n)!" He said exasperated, I laughed as he set me down. "Thank you for catching me, but maybe you should've moved." Link rolled his eyes and stepped towards the door. He opened the door and the monkey followed us inside. Link saw a bug crawling towards him, he hit it and it rolled over to rock blowing it up. "Hey, pots!" He said running over smiling. Link began to destroy them and a bird popped out of one. Link picked it up and tilted his head, I held in a shriek. It was a creepy little thing named Ooccoo, she was trying to find something and told us she'd warp us to the beginning.

We followed the monkey again after meeting Ooccoo. While jumping across the platforms my foot awkwardly hit the edge. I screamed as I slipped down, my back crashed against the other platform.

"Link!" I screeched as I fell straight into water. I breathed in some water in the panic and quickly surfaced. "Ow, shit." I seethed in pain, my back aching. Link peered down at me and held out his hand. I gratefully took it and he pulled me up. "You alright (Y/n)?" He asked. "Peachy." I grunted and stood, Link looked at my back. "I think you're fine." He said nodding. I grunted and felt my back pop. "Yep, I'll feel that later." We continued on our way, got a key and another monkey. It helped us get across to the other side where there were the bomb bugs. "So, there's a flower that seems to have teeth." Link said slowly. "Let's jump!" I said and leaped across.

The flower caught me, squeezed me and spat me out. I looked up at Link disgusted and covered in slime. Link laughed at me as I gagged and peeled the warm slime off of my skin. He came down and helped me get off all the slime. "Disgusting," I groaned at the smell. It smelled like someone ate dirt and threw up all over me. The musty, sharp smell stung my nostrils throughout saving two more monkeys.

As soon as Link and I saved all four monkeys they all grabbed at us to the original door with the broken bridge. Curious Link and I followed them, both of us looked like absolute shit. I was sweating up a storm and my face was red. My back ached and I had scratches all on any exposed skin. Although there wasn't much, it still hurt. My clothes were cut and I was bleeding a bit. Link had a few cuts on his face and he was cracking his knuckles, mumbling something about how sore his left hand was. "Okay," Link said and opened the door.

The monkeys filed out, one jumped then the next and soon they were all in a line. Link and I looked to one another before he went first. He began leaping across and getting caught by the monkeys. Finally Link reached the other side and smiled at me. "Don't worry!" He said backing up. I nodded slowly and ran, leaping across with a scream. The first monkey caught me and I swung across, the last one though I let go too early. I gasped as I missed the landing and clawed at the side of the cliff. Link had ran over to the edge and was leaning down. He reached out his hand looking at me. "(Y/n), grab my hand." He said quickly as I slipped down more. "Link, I can't." I whispered, the rock I had grabbed wiggling out from under me.

"(Y/n) if you don't grab my hand now you're going to die." The rocks began to slip and I slowly reached up, grabbing his hand. Link pulled me up quickly into his arms, he held me tightly. I shook and looked at him. "That was terrifying." I said softly, Link nodded. "You have to trust me a lot more (Y/n), I don't want you to die." I nodded. "I can't die." I said firmly, as I stood. Link sat on the ground looking up at me. "I need to know who.. who I am. Me. (Y/n). I don't, all I know are a few things, fragments of who I once was." I said and looked at the temple door. "And in order to do that, I need your help. If you're the chosen hero then we should be able to find out who I am together."

Link smiled and stood. "You're right. I promised to help you find your family again and I will, wether or not it kills me." Link said taking my hands and intertwining his with mine. I smiled softly up at him, taking my hands away. I hugged him tightly. "Thank you so much." I whispered. Link smiled softly and pulled away. "Let's do this."

We entered the next door with a set goal.

===============================
Authors note:
I'm so sorry for cutting it off so short. I'm just preparing for a kickass fight scene