Chapter Twenty - Grace

"Hey Mom!" Grace walks in the front door.

"Hey Gracie! How was school?" I asked her. The High School gets out an hour before the Middle School does and that gets out an hour before the Elementary School.

"Good." I notice a slight blush on her cheeks as she leaves to go to her room.

"No. Sit down." I say motioning for her to sit on the couch with me.

"What did I do wrong? Is it about the broken plate from Grandma?" Grace asks worriedly.

"No. I didn't even know about that but we need to replace that before Grandma comes over. I was going to ask you. Who is he?" I asked her.

Grace's eyes widened and her cheeks became more flushed.

"What? I don't- Okay his name is Derek and he's really cute." Grace gushes.

I nod. "Does he do any sports?"

Grace nods. "Yeah he's the school Lacrosse Star."

Like mother like daughter.

She shows me a picture of them together on her phone. (See picture on slide^^^)

I grin. "Runs in the family sweetie."

She grins. "He asked me out and told me to wear this Lacrosse t-shirt tomorrow." She holds up a blue t-shirt.

I grimace. Oh that thing. "Your dad did the same thing on our first date. I hated it. Wear an undershirt sweetie. Those things itch like hell."

Grace grins and nods. "Okay Momma Bear."
Then she runs up the stairs to her room.

I pull out my phone and call Zayne.

"Hey Zayne. You'll never guess what happened today."