Chapter Thirteen - Oh Kathryn

"We'll be fireproof. Baby we'll be fireproof."

Zayne had just finished practice and since he was my ride home. I watched.

"What do you think? Are they hot or what?" A cheerleader asked me.

"Uh. I don't know." I replied shakily.

"The captain, Big Z, has a girlfriend. I heard she's a total nerd. I've been messing with her online a bit. She'll never know it's me though. I've never met her. Oh by the way I'm Kathryn Dolores." The cheerleader said gleefully.

Oh Kathryn.

"Cool I'm Natalia Grey." I said flatly. With that I left the Bleachers.

Natalia: I'm going go walk home.

I texted Zayne.

The walk home was longer than usual. I felt weird.

The weather was nice. My neighborhood seemed more awake today.

"Hey Natalia!" Mrs. DeMartino called to me waving.

I smiled and waved back. Mrs. DeMartino's face fell. "Natalia, why don't you come inside and chat for a bit?" She asked.

"Sure." I said shrugging my shoulders. Mrs. DeMartino was like a second mother to me so I didn't mind.

Walking into her house I was hit with the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.

I began bouncing happily at the smell. "Cookies?!" I asked excitedly.

Mrs. DeMartino chuckled lightly and nodded crossing her arms.

"Yes!" I exclaimed.

"I see you haven't changed." She said as she handed me a cookie which I eagerly took.

"Nope." I popped the P.

"So what did you want to chat about?" I asked.

"I just wanted to make sure you were alright. Mackenzie told me thst you're dating Zayne Stevens."

Of course Mackenzie told her. Mackenzie DeMartino was a really nice girl who just hung out with the wrong girls.

"Yeah. I'm okay. There was this girl named Kathryn bullying me online but I'm going to take care of it." I said casually.

"Oh okay." Mrs. DeMartino said happily.

We chatted for a bit longer about school and Mackenzie before I walked down the street to my house.

I unlocked the door and walked into my pitch black house, I hadn't realized how late it was.

Flipping on all of the lights I noticed that there was still a poptart on the coffee table. Oops.

After disposing of it I called the school and reported Kathryn.

Oh Kathryn. Said the wrong thing to the wrong person.

I ran up the stairs and jumped onto my bed.

After changing into my comfy pajamas I climbed into my bed under my covers.

Then I welcomed the dark abyss of sleep.