Chapter Six - The King's Broken Queen

"I'm hoping it might kick start me and my broken heart"

Zayne won the game. Well, he scored all the goals.

The next day at school, everyone was chanting that Zayne was their king.

Girls were trying to become my friends and it was awkward. No one really talked to me much so, I was awkward about it all.

It was really strange when Zayne would drape his arm over my shoulder and act all relaxed.

My gosh. I never thought I'd see the day when Zayne loved me.

It was actually strange to think that we'd both loved each other for so long and yet, we did nothing.

It was October now and I was dying from the cold. I'm from Virginia originally so I'm against the Vermont chills.

In History class, someone gave Zayne a t-shirt that had a golden crown on the back. In large golden lettering, it said "KING Z".

Apparently that was Zayne's nickname now. Some people joked about him being the king, and me being the queen.

I, of course being my bad self told them that I was no queen and that they could leave me be. Of course, I'm not threatening in stance so they didn't.

I saw what they were doing. The girls were being friendly with me so that they could be around Zayne more. Guys were hanging out around Zayne more, to be near me.

I couldn't do it.

I had to leave school that day. I didn't know when I'd be back. I hoped never.

Then again, that was wishful thinking.

I drove home and collapsed on my bed. I obviously assumed that Zayne would overlook my going home.

I decided to take a stress nap. Sleep this nightmare of high school drama and crap away.