04 ; SIC BALLS

tw// mentions r*pe and sexual abuse. this chapter is one hell of a ride

Rose sat down next to Chris after he and Gordie raced

Rose sat down next to Chris after he and Gordie raced. Sweat poured down his forehead and neck, his breath still heavy from before.

"Have you guys been watching the Mickey Mouse Club lately?" Teddy asked.

"Yeah."

"I think Annette's tits are getting bigger."

Rose cocked a brow.

"You think so?" Chris asked, staring at Rose the whole time. She just scoffed and crossed her arms.

"Yeah, I think so."

"I think he's right. I've been noticing lately that the A and E are beginning to bend around the sides," said Gordie.

"Annette's tits are great!" Vern exclaimed with a smile.

"Yeah!"

"Yeah, t-totally," Rose agreed.

"Aw, is Rosie jealous that we're talking about someone else's tits and not hers?"

"Shut it, Teddy! That's not the case."

"Then what is it?"

"Must suck to be you guys. I get to see breasts every day!"

Chris' eyes widened at her statement. He leaned back, face growing red thinking about it.

"Get that image of me shirtless out your head, Chambers!" she whispered harshly, slapping his arm. Chris chuckled at her being embarrassed. "Don't think you'll ever see that part of me, cause you're not!"

"Not even when we're adults?"

"Not even then. You're gonna be a virgin forever, mister, deal with it!"

Both Chris and Rose knew they weren't together. No one said anything about being a couple, yet Rose hinted at it. Chris didn't know if they were a thing or not. He decided not to ask until it was just the two of them.

"This is a really good time," said Vern.

"The most."

"A blast."

"Yeah."

Gordie took a drink from his canteen and began to spit it at the can in front of them. He passed it to Chris, Rose watching him push the water through his teeth and then laugh. When it came to her turn, she accidentally spilled it over her shirt. Rose whined while everyone else hollered. Teddy took a sip, pretending he was about to spit it at the can. He turned and spat it in Vern's face at last second.

"Oh, great. Spit at the fat kid! True good. What time is it, Gordie?"

Gordie checked his watch. "Um, it's a quarter after one."

"We better go get the food. The junkyard opens at three. Chopper will be here."

"Sic balls!" Chris declared. Rose shook her head with a smirk.