•twenty eight•

Start from the beginning

I closed my eyes attempting to take a small nap, but my phone began to buzz on the countertop. I sighed reaching over to grab it.

"Hey girl" I yawned answering Justine's FaceTime call.

"Are you in the tub?"

"Yeah" I laughed. "But what's up?"

"You ready to leave tomorrow?"

I frowned "No..I actually like it in New York and I feel like Odell and I are finally in a place to be together. I keep telling him I'm not moving down here anytime soon but I think once I graduate..I could start fresh down here"

"Honestly.. Sterling really likes me and I really like him but I don't know if that's enough for me to move my whole life down here away from my parents..they help me the most with CJ"

"Understandable but you guys are new you have time to figure things out. Maybe you'll find a cosmetology job here it is New York."

"You're right" She nodded "But I called because I have a question."

"Shoot"

"As my very bestfriend can you do me a little favor?"

"Depends on what it is" I raised my eyebrow.

"Okay so Sterling really wants to tell Odell about us before I leave but I'm too scared to tell him—"

"So you want me to?"

She snaps her finger "Bingo?"

"How am I gonna tell him that without him being mad that I've known" I questioned.

"Ummm.."

I roll my eyes playfully "I'll do it but you owe me big time"

"Of course thanks bestie"

"Mhm, I gotta go I hear him creeping"

"Okay bye, see you tomorrow! Don't be late to our flight"

She hung up and I put my phone back on the countertop. Odell came back in the bathroom with my robe placing it by the tub "Breakfest is done whenever you ready"

"Thanks boo" I pecked his lips

"No problem, you trynna eat out tonight?"

I shrug "I'm not sure..what's in New York?"

"Everything baby" He chuckled.

"Call me crazy but I really want seafood, but they probably don't make it like Louisiana here"

"I'll find somewhere" He smirked. "But if you wanted to we could make it ourselves..spend some real quality time..."

"We? Or me"

He smirked "I'll try my hardest to help"

"Right, let me get out I'm getting wrinkly"

I stepped out of the tub bending over to grab my robe "Boy what is you staring at" I roll my eyes while tilting my head at him.

"Yo sexy ass"

I tighten the robe "Mhm, whatever what you make me?"

"I attempted French toast and bacon"

"Lord help me" I sighed while slipping on my panties"