She hesitated in following Hermione as she heard the raised voices from inside the boys' room. Quickly deciding that she wasn't up for being that social, Olivia made her way downstairs to the kitchen where Ginny had gone minutes before. Mrs. Weasley passed her on the way, carrying fresh laundry with her and smiling at Olivia as they passed. Olivia could feel her own small smile form— she'd given up refusing Mrs. Weasley's generosity ages ago, and while the relationship wasn't as strong as the others had with her, it was at least there.

As she expected, Ginny was seated at the dining table, letter and booklist in front of her. Sirius and Remus were pouring over different pieces of parchment ( enchanted so that others couldn't see what's on them, of course) at the other end of the table, each group seeming to be in their own little world. Olivia took the seat beside Ginny and across from Remus, doing her best not to interrupt them.

"So, excited for Hogwarts?" Olivia tried to ask casually to Ginny, keeping her disappointment off her face as best she could.

Ginny didn't seem to notice and nodded enthusiastically, "I can't wait to go back, none of my friends wrote or anything so it should be fun to talk to them again."

Olivia felt a weird pang of jealousy at hearing about Ginny's life outside of Grimmauld Place, and again hid her emotions, "Yeah, that has to be fun. Quick question, what's a prefect? Hermione was yelling about it."

Ginny looked surprised for a second, than realisation dawned on her face, "Of course Hermione's a prefect. They monitor the other students, and can take away house points, but that's about it. I think they also get special privileges, but I'm not sure."

"Who made prefect?" Remus asked from where he sat, attention drawn  away from whatever he and Sirius were originally discussing.

"Hermione I know did, but maybe Ron or Harry did too," Olivia supplied, shrugging.

Ginny tried not to roll her eyes, "Ron? A prefect?"

Olivia shrugged again, though smiled slightly at Ron being chosen for "special privileges".

And yet, when the family gathered together later that day to celebrate Hermione and Ron making prefect, Ginny and Olivia knew better than to bring up their disbelief of Ron's accomplishment. The "party" Mrs. Weasley had put on herself wasn't much different than their normal dinners, only with much more standing and more individual conversations happening at once.

With Hermione and Lupin talking about house elves (a topic Olivia felt she definitely shouldn't comment on due to her dislike of the creatures), Ron spouting off to Tonks and Moody about his new broom (Olivia barely knew what Quidditch was, let alone anything about brooms), Harry and the Weasley twins conversing with Mundungus in the corner (Olivia didn't want to know the topic), the only people left out of conversation and not engaged elsewhere were Sirius, Olivia, and Ginny.

"What about you Sirius? Were you a prefect?" Ginny started up the conversation easily, sipping on her drink as she did so.

Sirius let out a boisterous, barklike laugh, "No one would have made me a prefect, I spent too much time in detention with James. Remus was the good boy, he got the badge."

Remus, upon hearing his name, stopped his conversation briefly to chip in, "I think Dumbledore might have hoped that I would be able to exercise some control over my best friends. I need scarcely say that I failed dismally." After the three original conversationalists erupted in various degrees of laughter, Remus returned to his first conversation easily.

Olivia was the next to speak, "What about you, Ginny? Aiming for Prefect next year?"

Ginny scoffed at the idea, "I'm on Fred and George's side about prefects, so not really. Though I would love to take away point from a few kids I know."

"Points are overrated anyway," Sirius tried to scoff, but couldn't quite convince himself that House points didn't bother him.

Ginny shrugged at it, and Olivia picked up the conversation yet again, "What's the use of the points, anyway?"

"Whoever has the most wins the House cup at the end of the year, though most of it comes down to the Quidditch tournament," Ginny explained easily, her hands moving as she talked. Olivia couldn't help but smile at the undoubtably subconscious and definitely cute movements.

Sirius changed the topic as he called out, "What's that you've got there, Mad-eye?"

Moody shuffled over to them with a well-worn photograph in his hands, showing it off to the group, "Found it while looking through my things, it's the original order!"

Sirius tried to remain jovial but his face instantly turned melancholy, "Oh, really?"

Mad-eye began explaining who everyone was to Ginny and Olivia, who looked at the picture with fascination. Olivia smiled sadly as her parents smiled from the photo, totally unaware of what was to come.

"Has Harry seen this?" Olivia asked as she kept tears back.

"Aye, just showed him a moment ago. Ran up to his room to pack." Moody replied joltingly.

Olivia turned away from Moody and said quietly to Ginny, "I'm going to go make sure he's alright." The younger girl nodded and Olivia was soon making her way back upstairs, this time actually knocking and entering the boys' room.

"Hey, I just saw the photo-" Olivia started to say, but cut herself off as she saw Harry rubbing at his forehead and wincing, the slight pain in her skull reverberating, "Are you alright?"

"Scar." Harry said simply, cursing under his breath.

"I can't really help with that," Olivia shrugged, sitting at the feet of the bed, "Why'd you come up here, then? The picture or the whole 'prefect' thing?"

Harry gave a similar shrug, "A bit of both. Couldn't stand seeing mum and dad smiling with Wormtail right beside them, and I can't help but feel cheated out of being prefect. Feels selfish saying it out loud."

"That's because it is selfish," Olivia deadpanned, though smiling, "Understandable, but selfish."

"Gee, thanks for the help," Harry rolled his eyes though he was also smiling.

"Anytime," Olivia broke out into full grin, "But come on, cheer up. Tomorrow you'll be back to Hogwarts and you'll be out of this claustrophobic nightmare."

"This place isn't a nightmare, at least you, Sirius, and I can talk face to face here. At Hogwarts it'll just be letters."

"You can talk to us face-to-face using the mirror Sirius gave you, you know," Olivia reminded him with another sarcastic quip.

"Oh yeah," Harry leaned over to his bag and pulled out said mirror to examine it, "How does it work, again?"

"You just say either Sirius or I's full name, and that person will answer you if we have the mirror on us. Which one of us always will, so don't panic about that," Olivia explained, "Letters may still be easier to do, but for any emergencies or if you just want to talk we'll still be here."

"Alright." Harry said as he put the mirror away carefully. As he stood back up, he launched himself into a hug, holding on to Olivia as if she might disappear, "Just in case I don't see you tomorrow morning, I'm going to miss you."

Olivia smiled at the sentiment and returned the hug, "I'll miss you too, Harry. Make sure you and the others write too, okay? Keep Sirius and I updated so we don't go completely insane."

Harry pulled away much slower, with him struggling to keep a smile on his face, "I promise I'll try my best to get everyone to write, and I'll use the mirror when I can."

Olivia grinned with tears in her eyes, "Alright, enough with this feeling business, I'm going to bed. Goodnight Harry."

Harry laughed once again before wishing, "Goodnight Liv."

~~

This took me ages to write because nothing really happens plot-wise but enough happens that I didn't want to skip it. Besides, I got to add in some bonus Ginny/Olivia action.

Also, let me know if you think Ginny is bi, pan, or lesbian. Olivia's for sure lesbian but I'm not sure about Ginny and her established boyfriends/ Harry crush/relationship.

Anyway please leave feedback and I hope you enjoyed!