The spider

Spiders are scary; especially to ladybugs. I can't get the above video out of my head. 😂
Enjoy!
•••

Marinette was enjoying a good book when her cat, Blackie, knocked her design notebook off her desk. She jumped, startled at the sudden noise. Blackie just sat down and looked at her innocently. "What did you do that for boy?" She asked him as she stood up.

The cat meowed once Marinette was in front of him, then jumped off the desk and trotted toward her son Hugo's room. "Weirdo." She mumbled before bending down to pick up the notebook.

But, as she grabbed it, a large black thing caught her eye. Turning her head to examine it, she gasped and leaped back. The eight-legged arachnid didn't move, but rather stayed put. In reality, it was half an inch long with inch long legs, but to Mari, it huge.

Panicking, the only thing that came to mind was that Hugo did baseball. She stood up determinedly and speed walked into his room. Hugo looked up from his phone as she entered. Without a word, she rummaged through his closet for his metal bat.

She found it, turned to Hugo and said, "Thank you for your generosity."

He looked at her weirdly as she walked to his sister Emma's room, bat in hand. Once there, Mari grabbed her daughters lacrosse goggles and flung them on.

"Mom? What's with the bat?"
Emma questioned her from her desk where her homework was spread.

Mari didn't answer her but gave her an "it's important" look. On her way out, she saw a headlamp from a power out the other day sitting on Emma's bedside table.

Smirking, she grabbed it, just in case if on this bright sunny day, the power would go out, stopping her from killing the spider. After putting it on, Mari walked back to the spider who didn't move.

She positioned herself to swing the bat with all her might. Quickly, she swung the bat. It hit the wall right next to the spider just as Adrien opened the door. "Mari, I'm hom-."

He froze once he caught sight of his wife wearing lacrosse goggles and a headlamp, holding Hugo's bat, with a spider crawling on the wall. Marinette didn't hear him and began hitting the wall with the bat repeatedly, hoping to hit the spider.

After a few swings, she hit the spider, killing it, who fell to the floor. "Phew! Got that problem under control!" She said as she rolled her right shoulder and neck.

She saw Adrien at the door and said, "Oh, hey honey!"

Mari looked at him expectedly before he blinked and motioned to the bat in her hand. "Don't worry, just a little problem I fixed." She confirmed as he closed the door.

"What was all that banging sound?" Hugo asked as he ran into the room, followed by Emma.

"Yeah, care to explain M'lady?" Adrien added, crossing his arms and smirking playfully.

"You see, there was this huge spider, and it was threatening to attack, so I had to kill it!" Mari explained to her family.

Adrien chuckled before walking over and hugging her. "Let's just hope that hole you made isn't much money to fix." He said.

"Heh, sorry about that." Marinette mumbled once he let go, "But the next time there's a spider, you're  killing it."

He smiled and saluted her, "Yes ma'am."

•••

All right, I was debating on whether to base this off of when I killed a spider just like Marinette did or when my mom and her friend got a pretty large hairy spider out of a bathroom using a trash can. Hope you enjoyed, I will try and update soon!