The Lake

Author's note: I'm putting on two chapters today since it's the two year anniversary of One Direction! So proud of these boys! :)

Niall's POV

Nat and I texted the whole way to the lake.

To:Nat<3

What lake are we going to?

From:Nat<3

Brookville Lake. We're going to eat and then Greg is going to take us out on the boat for a while.

To:Nat<3

Sounds good to me. Mainly the food though. ;)

From:Nat<3

What?! Not excited to go on the boat with me? :( It'll basically be me and you, because Greg has to worry about driving the boat.

To:Nat<3

Good. :) I've got a surprise for you when we get on the boat! ;)

I checked my pocket to make sure it was still there. It was. :)

From:Nat<3

OOOOHHHHH!!! What is it? :D

To:Nat<3

It's a surprise silly goose! :)

From:Nat<3

Can I get a hint my handsome Irish boy? ;)

To:Nat<3

No hints my beautiful American girl. ;)

From:Nat<3

No fair Niall!

To:Nat<3

Here's your hint......... You'll love it! :)

From:Nat<3

Grrr! Shut up and get out of the car! :)

I go tout of the car and looked at the lake. It was gorgeous. This is the perfect day to give Natalie her present!

Natalie's POV

I wonder what Niall is giving me... That was the last thing on my mind right now though, because I could smell food!

"Natalie! Niall! Come get some food!" I heard Maura say.

Niall and I had went on a hike and were almost back. We were walking hand-in-hand for the longest time. He was so sweet. Even though we told Greg not to, he told about me and Niall dating. we were embarrassed at first, but now were okay with it. The two of us could hold hands and everything in front of them now. I liked it better this way and I think Niall did too. after we ate Niall played his guitar and we sang for a little bit. Then Greg said something I was anxious to hear.

"Time to go on the boat you two!"

I was excited, but nervous at the same time. What was he going to give me?... Since it was coming from Niall I knew I would like it. Plus, he told me I would. :)

Niall's POV

Greg just told us that it's time to go out on the boat. I can't wait to give Nat the surprise. My mom took me to this place in the mall while Nat was trying on some clothes. I'm sure she'll love it. I'm already wearing my half of the gift, but she hasn't noticed.

"I wish you could give me my surprise now." Nat said sweetly.

"You'll get it once we're in the middle of the lake."

"Pinkie promise?"

"Pinkie promise." I said while locking pinkies with her.

We kept going on the boat. As we got closer to the middle of the lake Natalie got more and more anxious. I could tell by the way she was looking at me. When she got up and walked ot the edge of the boat I wallked up behind her and put my arms around her waist.

"You really want your surprise?"

"Yeah!" She said smiling.

"Turn around lass."

"Okay." She said as she turned around.

Thankfully she was shorter than me. Otherwise this would have been a little bit awkward.

"Close your eyes."

She did as I said. I grabbed her left hand and put the ring on her finger.

"Open them!"

"Oh my gosh Niall! It's beautiful!"

"I hoped you would like it. I got this for me."

I showed her the ring on my left hand.

"You didn't have to do this."

"Yes I did, because when I leave I want everyone to know your mine. Look at the bottom of it."

She did. I had Natalie & Niall June 1, 2009 engraved on the bottom of both rings.

"Nat, you truly mean a lot to me. I'm just afraid that distance is going to tear us apart."

"Niall, I won't ever let that happen. I promise."

With that being said I kissed her.

"Time to go back to the shore." Greg yelled over the boat motor.

Nat sighed when he said that.

"What's wrong lass?"

"I don't want to leave just yet. I was having a good time here with you."

"I know. we can do something at the house though."

"Will you play your guitar for me?"

"Only if you'll sing with me."

"It's a deal then."

We got back to the house and went straight to the field. The two of us sang everything form Taylor Swift to Westlife. She has a beautiful voice.

"Niall, you have an amazing voice."

"I was just thinking the same thing about you."

"Thanks."

She blushed. All we did that night was sit in the field and talk or sing.