Ⅱ; dizzy.

chapter two; downright

A variety of factors determined the current state of Jordan's body language. She was sitting uncomfortably in her desk-chair, with a timid smile and hesitation at its finest. Luka was sitting on the bed, pictures in his hands and a frown upon his forehead. 

 "I found more than I thought I would," she told him and scrolled down yet another website. "It's insane." 

 She was almost intrigued by it. The never ending history of the property was not only more complex than she originally thought, it also made it crucially obvious why someone like Peter Holler would want to record it. 

 "Molly's gonna flip." 

 Jordan nodded in agreement and was quick to develop a kind approach when it came to the boy. He was lovely, really, and she was starting to question how he could be friends with Peter in the first place.  

 "You got quite a CD collection," Luka pointed out and went to check her stack. Her eyes were drawn to where he stood and she observed how his fingers were dragged across the CD cases. "The Killers are amazing." 

 "The closest to hardcore I'll ever get. My dad's a huge fan." She giggled slightly and turned back to the screen. "Check this out." 

 Luka let go of her music and closed the distance between them so that he could take a look at the computer screen. 

 "A mental facility? Like an asylum?" he questioned and almost choked on the pictures someone published next to the text. "God." 

 "Bresshill Mental Facility was founded in the early 1800's by Carl Von Ferd; a doctor who had been experimenting with his earlier patients' mental health through medicine and psychology. At the age of forty he bought the property and arranged for people to privately drop off relatives," Jordan copied and her face showed utter disgust.

 "He doesn't look very friendly." 

 The painting of the man on the silver screen could only be described as creepy, in their opinion. His strong jaw and defined expression was downright scary to look at and he had a scar on full display across his cheek. Not someone you'd like to meet, quite frankly. 

 "It says here that he had a rumoured basement where he kept specific patients in cells, such as homosexuals and... those with a powerful sex-drive?" At that they both half-heartedly laughed.  

 "That's very cruel, I'd say. Meredith wouldn't appreciate it very much." 

 "He was very religious and his first and only wife, who disappeared mysteriously one year after he bought the property, was the daughter of the town's priest, Nathaniel Lawrence," Jordan continued to read and Luka had now brought another chair over so that he could sit next to her.

 "I would disappear mysteriously too if I was his wife." 

 Jordan printed double copies of the newly found information, along with the pictures, and handed one copy of it to Luka. She had gathered a lot of it by now and he was very happy with her work. 

 "I can't thank you enough for this, Jordan." 

 "You should be thanking god if you get out of there." 

 "An asylum?" Molly exclaimed and yanked the papers out of Luka's bare hands. "I'm not visiting some lunatic bin." 

 They were standing in the living-room of the Welsh house, with the TV on mute and snacks already on the coffee-table. Peter, who had been sitting down, immediately stood up to see what the outburst was all about.