CHAPTER 5

(October 22, 2012 – Early Monthly Evaluation for YG Female Trainees)

(There are 2 groups who will be performing today. After today, YG CEO and staffs will be forming a girl group that will debut in 2 years. Group 1 consists of Jinny, Lalisa, Jennie, Miyeon, Jisoo, and Chaeyoung. Group 2 include other trainees. During evaluations, strict rules are being observed. No cell phones, no hanging out or going out of YG building until the evaluation is done, no talking to the staff except to the managers and their trainers. Before the performance, Hanbin and the boys happen to pass by the room where in the evaluation will take place. Thanks to his luck, he saw Jennie and the other girls, Jennie also saw them. Within that few seconds, Hanbin manage to show a "fighting spirit" to Jennie and to the other girls. Jennie was satisfied with that. The evaluation started.)

(On the other hand.. Hanbin and the boys went straight to their dorm. They seem to be nervous for the girls. Hanbin went to his room.)
Hanbin: Jenjen you can do it. You can do it babe. Fighting! (He very nervous right now, looks at his phone, there's no call or message, meaning the evaluation is not yet done.)

The Boy's POV

Song: I bet they're very nervous right now.
Jay: If you were in their shoes, won't you feel the same? (Song just quietly prayed for the girls. The others just laughed at Song and Jay)

(At the evaluation room. The 2 groups just finished performing)
YG CEO:
Good job everyone. I did not expect that you will improve in just a short period of time of training and everything. This earlier evaluation was done because in 2 years, I am, we are planning to debut a girl group. I hope each and every one of you gave her very best. You know how important this is right?
YG Female Trainees: Yes sajangnim.
YG Staff: There will be an announcement tomorrow or the following day regarding that so wait for further announcement.
YG CEO: I know that all of you are tired now so go and take a rest.
YG Female Trainees: Ne, kamsahamnida sajangnim (then bows to everyone)

(Group 1 went back to their dorm. Jennie called Hanbin)

Jennie: Hello, babe the evaluation is done.
Hanbin: How was it babe, are you okay?
Jennie: I'm fine babe, they will choose a group that will debut in 2 years.
Hanbin: Jinja? Then congratulations to my Jenjen. I bet you'll be one of them babe. (Jennie just laughed)
Jennie: Thankyou my Hanbini!
Hanbin: Did you eat yet? Where are you babe?
Jennie: Not yet babe, we just arrived at our dorm. How about you? Are you skipping your meals?
Hanbin: Don't worry my love, I already ate. Go and eat first okay then take a rest. I know that all of you are tired right now. You girls did a good job.
Jennie: Thankyou babe. Is it okay for you?
Hanbin: Of course babe, don't worry, we have all the time. You can take your time and rest.
Jennie: Thankyou Hanbini, you too should sleep now, okay?
Hanbin: Yes babe.

(October 23, 2012)

(The female trainees were waiting at thepractice room for the announcement. The staff came. Trainees stand up to greetthem.)
YG Staff: Good morning girls, I betyou did have enough rest last night. Are you ready?
Trainees: Good morning ma'am. Yes weare born ready!
YG Staff: Okay so here's what thestaff and CEO decided. Four of you will be chosen to debut. (The girls seemedshocked because they were expecting a 6-member group but what else can they do,that's YG, expect the unexpected) Yes you heard me right, only four of you willdebut. So here it is, the names that I'll be calling please come forward. Firstup Jennie Kim, next is Lalisa, next to Lalisa will be Kim Jisoo (The othertrainees are getting more and more nervous as the last spot for the debut teamwill be announced any moment. The 3 were praying very hard for Chaeyoung to bechosen) and the last lucky girl will be............... (The anticipation's on) Join thegroup Park Chaeyoung!
(The girls can't seem to contain what just happened. The 4 of them were chosen.They were very happy that they couldn't stop jumping and screaming. One oftheir squad goals is to debut together and today is just one of their verylucky day.)