THE NEW GUY

vanessas point of view:

I walk towards the dance studio really nervous to begin. This is my second year at Keaton and I got injured last year. I let everyone down. Especially myself. But I'm going to stay positive this year. No more messing around and I'm just going to work hard and make myself a better dancer.

I thought I was alone because it was so early but I heard music coming from the studio. I walk in to see a tall muscular guy. He has really broad shoulders and blonde hair that frames his face perfectly. He's dancing to a really intricate piece of choreo and I'm super impressed. I hope he's in my grade because he's an amazing dancer but he looks kind of old for grade 10.

He moves fast and gracefully, his technique was superb. He must be a higher-level dancer because there's no way a dancer that technically strong can be in grade 10.

He ends his dance, facing away from me and I cant control my hands and start clapping. He whips his head around and observes me carefully. He has ocean blue eyes, a sharp jawline and his face wasn't horrible to look at.

Of course, a perfect blonde with blue eyes, why am I not surprised?

no Vanessa no distraction

I timidly pull my gaze away form him and look down. I know my cheeks must be displaying a dark scarlet by now.. I expect him to introduce himself but instead of saying anything or even acknowledging me any further he strides to the back of the studio grabs his white dance bag and casually walks out like I wasn't even there . Wow what an arrogant jerk.