4

Adora

"I think it's a really good space."

I looked over at the realtor standing beside me, nodding. "Yeah, totally agreed."

"You two look youthful and like you still have some partying in you," she suggested, "this would be a nice entertaining space."

Derek just chuckled. "We're actually quite the introverts, if you're wondering."

I just smiled and wrapped an arm around his abdomen.

"So the story of you two," she said, "are you married or just engaged?"

"Sadly just engaged," Derek said, "I'm ready to make her mine."

I just grinned up at him and the lady smiled, a hand over her chest. "How sweet you are."

I just smiled, letting go of him. "I have a keeper."

We followed her into the kitchen and Derek slid his hand across the countertop. "This is nice."

"He loves to cook," I whispered, earning a grin from him.

"I do," he said, "that isn't a lie."

I smiled and bit down on my bottom lip, leaning against the counter.

"And a pizza oven! Baby, this is the one."

I just laughed along with the realtor. "Let's go look at the rest of the house, too."

Derek just slung an arm over my shoulders as we walked into the living area.

"Let's go up to the master bedroom, I feel like you're going to love this."

I just smiled up at Derek and we walked into the master bedroom, and my eyes lit up.

"Wow, this is stunning."

"Yeah, the owners have very good taste when it comes to decorating, as shown throughout the rest of the house."

"Most definitely," Derek said, furrowing his brows together as he examined the room fully.

"The master bathroom will definitely sell the house to you, if nothing else has."

We followed her into the bathroom and my eyebrows shot up at the sight. A glass shower lined the entire length of the wall, huge double vanity and a walk in closet with a glass door.

"Wow."

"I'd never come out of the shower," Derek said, looking over at me, "this might not be a good idea."

I giggled. "This is beautiful, really. I'm speechless."

"And we have three extra bedrooms, so essentially this is a five bedroom penthouse if you're adding the office in as a bedroom."

Derek nodded, slipping his hands inside his pockets. "Let's go take a peek."

I agreed and he walked into a room diagonal from the master suite, smiling as he looked around. "Fit for a nursery?"

I just grinned and leaned against the doorframe. I looked around the spacious room, trying to envision a child of my own occupying the space.

I smiled at Derek and he just dilated his eyes, a grin on his face. "I feel like this is a good idea."

I just smiled and wrapped my arms around his waist. "I feel like it is, too."

~*~

"So what's the news?" Brenna asked, "Derek has only paid five hundred dollars on dinner when you two have big news."

I just grinned over at Derek.

He leaned his elbows on the table, his hands fisted in front of his mouth. "I think we found the place."

"Really?" Brenna gushed, a hand over her chest.

"That's great, guys," Zayn said, smiling over at us as he took a sip of his wine.

"We're so happy for you!" Brenna exclaimed.

"Thanks, guys," I said, my hand resting on top of Derek's, "so we're flying back and getting the rest of the place packed up."

"So you're definitely making an offer on the place?"

"We're definitely making an offer on the place," Derek said, shooting Zayn a smile.

Brenna squealed and wiggled around in her seat. "I'm so ready for us to all live here!"

I smiled and took a long drink of my wine, but froze as soon as I saw what looked like a familiar face strolling in the restaurant.

I couldn't help the furrow of my brows as I pulled my glass away from my lips, but I tore my eyes away from the person.

But I felt his eyes on me.

"Excuse me," I muttered in the middle of a conversation Brenna, Zayn, and Derek were having, placing my napkin on the table as I stood up.

I hadn't even noticed how quickly I'd stood up to try and assess the situation.

But I was already up, making a fool out of myself, so I decided to continue on.

I walked towards the bathrooms, which happened to be by the hostess desk, which happened to be where the familiar face was standing.

I weaved through the endless amount of people, but froze when I saw no one there anymore. My eyebrows went into a deep furrow and the hostess lightly nudged my arm. "Are you looking for someone, miss?"

My lips slightly parted, making me clear my throat and soften up my brows. "No. I'm sorry, I just thought I saw a familiar face."

She just smiled and I quickly made my way out of the crowd, brushing my hair back with my fingers. I made it back to the table and cleared my throat as I sat down. "Sorry. Emergency."

Derek just smiled over at me and I looked up. Brenna's eyes were boring into my own, a worried look on her face.

"I'm fine," I mouthed, pursing my lips together as I looked back at the door one last time.

I'd only been in Seattle for two days, and I was already seeing things.

~*~

"Kicking the boys out is beneficial, no matter what you think."

I smiled and looked over at Brenna, shaking my head.

"I know, I know, you and Derek can't go five minutes without each other before you start sexting."

I laughed. "That's not true."

"Mm hmm," she said, "I've seen the messages he sends you when you two aren't together."

I just shrugged, smiling as I took a drink of my wine.
"Aside from me and Derek, when are you and Zayn actually getting married?"

She shrugged. "Whenever we finally get time."

"Well I'll be here when you need a wedding planner."

"Ha!" She yelled, throwing her head back, "I've seen you plan a party. I'll be hiring a professional."

I threw my head back with a laugh.

"Okay, Adds," she said, turning to me with a sigh, "what's wrong with you?"

I furrowed my brows together. "What do you mean?"

"I mean exactly what I said. You're glum."

"I'm not glum," I said.

"You are glum."

I just looked over at her.

"And I think I know why."

"Bren, just leave it alone," I said, shaking my head as I flipped through the channels.

"Adds, you don't have to keep saying nothing's wrong. I know something's wrong and I know exactly what it is."

"Okay, Brenna, what is it?" I asked.

"We're in Seattle, Adora," she said, looking over at me, "and you know good and well who else is here, too."

"It has nothing to do with him," I snapped.

"Adora I'm worried about you."

"Well don't be," I said, "I'm fine."

"You're not fine!" She said, "I saw him ruin you once and you can't let him do it again."

"I said it's not him!" I finally snapped, looking over at her.

She just nodded and sighed. "Okay, Adds."

"You don't even believe me," I chuckled out, brushing my hair back with my fingers.

"You're right, I don't believe you," she deadpanned, "I watched you freak out at dinner. And Derek was sitting right beside you."

I tried to tune her out.

"If you're not going to listen, I'm not going to keep wasting my breath. But just know, Adds, I'm here if you need it."

And with that, she placed a comforting hand on my shoulder and stood up, leaving me to think about what she said.

~*~

hi guys!! merry Christmas! ❤️🎄☃️ (if you celebrate!)

I hope you guys are having a wonderful day full of friends and family and love and happiness! every single day should be like that, anyways.

I hope you guys enjoyed this Christmas present from me! I thought you guys would enjoy it :)

I love you guys so much and I'm so thankful for you guys! Thank you for giving me a reason to write <3

also!! Don't forget to send in your one-shots soon! I'm hoping to have the winners chosen by maybe the 5th-10th of January!

I love you guys so much! hope your day is beautiful, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter! ps - Santiago will come in soon... or did he already?🧐

haha. ❤️ so much love for you guys.