Chapter Eleven| Did he just try kiss me?

Start from the beginning

"You know Blake," she giggled, "Every girl wants him,"

I nodded my head slowly, "Yeah. . I can see that," I replied with a very unsure tone.

I looked back over to Blake and noticed that Avery was no longer on his lap, she was standing next to my brother who had his arm securely around Meredith's waist.

Before I knew it, I was being dragged towards the steps by a quite frankly very jealous Taylor, she can try to hide her emotions all she wants but she's almost the easiest person to read. Lucky for me I'm being dragged into all of this, literally.

"Hey, babe," Taylor said sweetly as she sat down on her boyfriend's lap, where another girl had been just minutes ago.

He wrapped his arms around her, "Hey, baby."

How can you stand there and watch some girl who doesn't know what a dress code is, sit on your boyfriend's lap? I'd beat her ass.

I continued walking up the stairs, knowing Taylor is fine and definitely isn't getting off his lap anytime soon plus I don't want to be standing around awkwardly by myself well everyone conversates.

I was almost at the top of the stairs when a foot came out of nowhere, preventing me from taking another step. I was halfway to the floor and my body had already dragged my hands up in front of my face to protect me, shortly after I felt my body made contact with the asphalt, my knees scraping across the ground, the stinging kicking in immediately.

I stood and wiped my hands down, composing myself and trying to make myself unseen as I noticed the people who stood around me; Most laughed, others were a little shocked and I was more than embarrassed. I notice one specific person laughing more than others; Avery. Her hands covering her mouth as she laughed hysterically, I noticed she was wearing the same bright pink heals that had tripped me.

Of course, she tripped me.

I stared down at the deep red blood trickling down my right knee.

I pushed away the feeling of embarrassment that had caused a red blush to appear on my cheeks as I continued walking into the school, making sure to give Avery one last look before I enter the double doors. I narrowed my eyes, shaking my head disappointedly as she stared back at me with a bitchy smirk.

She's never given me a single ounce of attention and probably doesn't even know my name, why the hell did she have to trip me?

I began making my way to the girl's amenities, the blood leaking further down my calf with each limp.

I almost reached the toilets when two large hands were firmly planted on my waist, pulling me back so I was unable to enter the restrooms.

I turned around to see Shawn's sorrow-filled expression, "Are you okay?" he asked worriedly.

I nodded, an uncertain expression on my face, "Yeah, I'm fine. . ." I trailed off, "Just a little embarrassed and angry," I admitted, a light flush of red burning at my cheeks as I replayed the amused faces surrounding me when I fell.

"Avery's a bitch," I nodded, I've never heard something truer, "I don't know why she'd ever want to hurt you," he took a step closer to me, so I was now pushed up against the lockers.

I looked up at him, his dark chocolate brown eyes showing happiness, maybe even adoration?

"Uh, yeah me either," I breathed as his large pale hand reached out to stroke my heated cheek, his thumb rubbing it back and forth.

He licked his lips before slowly leaning forward, I placed my small hands on his chest before gently pushing him back.

He looked down at me, he's doesn't hide his emotions very well. I could tell by his furrowed eyebrows and parted lips, he was taken back, maybe even embarrassed.