All for one and one for all

Start from the beginning

"But she's right, guys. She is friends with him, as much as we are. She is obviously worried. We can't keep her in the dark, she has a right to know."

"But we can't risk anyone else knowing. We're enough people already." - Sweet Pea said.

"What if us telling her puts her life in jeopardy?" - Fangs added.

"Um, hello, guys? I'm right here!" - Harley frowned. - "What the hell are you talking about?"

"It's time we tell her." - Toni said.

"It's not our place to." - Sweet Pea rolled his eyes.

"If you three keep ignoring me, I'm gonna kick your asses out."

"Alright, alright." - Fangs calmed her down. - "Toni's right, Pea."

Sweet Pea groaned. - "Alright." - he sighed.

"Okay, so.." - Toni spoke up after a short moment of silence and they all sat down on the sofa. - "The thing is, before you came here there was a murder-"

"Jason Blossom? I know about that, FP told me. His dad shot him in the head."

"Okay, see? She knows something." - Fangs looked at Sweet Pea.

"I still think that this is a stupid idea." - he mumbled.

"Shush." - Toni glared at them. - "Well, before it was found out that Clifford killed him, everyone blamed FP for the crime."

"Why?!" - Harley asked shocked. 

"Because we're the easiest target for the Northsiders." - Sweet Pea frowned. - "They always blame everything on us."

"That and... well, circumstances." - Toni sighed. - "So during that time, they put FP in jail."

"What?!" - Harley widened her eyes. - "When was this?!"

"A really short while before you came to town." - Fangs answered.

"So during that time, all the weight fell on Jug's shoulders. He needed to keep everything in place, while his dad was locked up. He became a serpent for that cause. And he led us during some tough times."

"And that damn Snake charmer saw her time to poison everything."

"Huh?" - Harley asked confused.

"There's this woman, Penny, who was a former Serpent, but she betrayed us and FP kinda kicked her out. She's in charge of some of the biggest deals in Riverdale." - Toni explained.

"Drugs?" - Harley asked, already knowing the answer.

Toni nodded. - "She's a really powerful woman and she has plenty of connections, so Jug had asked for her help to get his dad out of prison."

"And she stringed him along?" 

"Yup." - Fangs nodded. - "She doesn't just help you out when you're in need-"

"She wants something in return." - Harley nodded. - "Favours."

"He's into some really deep shit right now. Things that not even FP is fully aware of." - Sweet Pea said.

"So that's why he's been on his toes lately? She's been asking him to do her dirty work?"

"More like blackmailing him."

"So what are we gonna do about this?" - Harley asked.

"You are not gonna do anything." - Sweet Pea said, while standing up. - "This is upon us, you have no reason to stick your nose into it and risk your life. Penny is a real bitch, she could end you if she wanted to."