Chapter 29

I don't know how long we have been standing here, but my lips just don't want to leave his...He is the one who pulls away first. We are both breathing heavily.

"You don't know how long I've wanted to do that." He presses his forehead against mine.

"What was stopping you?" I ask him.

"Everything....thinking about what Xander would say, thinking about how much you used to hate me, and, most of all, I wasn't sure if you felt the same way...." He closes his eyes.

"I not only love you, Bryce,...I'm in love with you."

    He takes in a sharp breath and then, suddenly, his lips are attacking my lips and my lips are attacking his lips with just as much force, if not more. I kissed a couple of guys in high school, but never like this. This is whole other level. A totally different ball game.

       Reluctantly, a few minutes later, I pull away. My eyes search for his to find him staring right back at me with his gorgeous brown eyes. I feel like those eyes can see right through me. I feel like they can see my soul. And I wonder if he likes what he sees?

"What does all this mean?" I gesture my hands between us, pointing from myself to him.

"What do you want it to mean, Olivia?" He asks me, with so much vulnerability in his voice. It's like he is scared that I am going to reject him.

"I want it to mean that you're mine, Bryce." I tell him, honestly. What's the point in holding back anymore?

"Consider it done, Olivia, but only under one condition?" He smirks.

My heart feels like it is about to burst out of my chest. "What may that condition be?"

"That you are mine." He leans down and gives me a quick kiss.

I grin from ear to ear. "Deal. Should we shake on it?"

He purses his lips and pretends to think about it. "I have another idea."

I smile. "And what might that idea be?" I ask, in a teasing tone.

      He grabs my hand and walks me over to his black leather couch in the tiny living room. Sebastian must still be sleeping. He hasn't made a sound. He sits down and drags me to sit down next to him. I can feel all of his body heat against the right side of my body. I turn to face him just as he turns to face me.

       "How about we seal the deal with a kiss instead?" He asks, with a smile threatening to take over his features at any given moment.

         "Hmm. I'll have to think about that." I tell him, I'm joking, of course, but he doesn't realize that. A small frown forms on his face. I laugh out loud. "I'm joking, silly!" I playfully swat him on the shoulder.

     He looks at me, with no humor in his face, and leans in to kiss me. The laughter dies in my throat as soon as his lips touch mine. 

"I'm in love with you too, Olivia." He whispers against my lips.