15 // Sweet Tooth

Sweet Tooth is a scary game usually played at sleepovers. The game originated in Russia, where it is very popular. Basically Russia's Bloody Mary or Candy Man, so to speak. This ritual/game involved summoning a gnome to eat your chocolate.

You need at least two people to play this game– however the more you have, the better. The game should be played in a dark room, at night, after midnight but before dawn. (So, like 3 AM.)

• ~ • ~ •

During the ritual you must remain as quiet as possible. No laughing or loud talking, only whispering.

To play the game you need a bar of chocolate, a mirror, thread or thin string, and scissors.

Here is the ritual:

Step 1: Take the mirror and place it on the ground, directing under the light on the ceiling. The mirror should be facing upwards.

Step 2: Tie the string around the bar of chocolate, and suspend it on off the light above the mirror. The chocolate bar should be dangling right above the mirror, but not touching it.

Step 3: Everyone in the room sits in the circle around the mirror. If someone is in the room that doesn't want to play, they have to leave the room. They can come back once the game is over.

Step 4: One person in the circle holds up the scissors to the thread. You must NOT cut the thread, yet, just look ready to.

Step 5: One lucky person gets to switch off the light– then quickly rejoin the circle. (Don't dawdle y'all!)

Step 6: Finally, the person holding the scissors will cut the string. When you hear the chocolate bar land on the mirror, everyone must chant, "Sweet Tooth, Sweet Tooth, please come," tree times.

Step 7: Everyone must wait in silence, in the dark. When there's a rustling noise, it means the gnome is unwrapping the chocolate bar's wrapper. Once the rustling stops, count to ten.

Step 8: One person gets up and switches on the light.

Here is what may happen:

1. The gnome may eat the chocolate.
2. The gnome may teeth or bite marks in the chocolate.
3. The gnome may leave a gift or more more chocolate for you.

While this is a low risk game, it is very strict on playing the rules. Not following them correctly may result in the gnome biting you, or escaping the mirror into your world. Once it escapes, the gnome will be trapped in your house, and bite your toes at night. This doesn't sound that scary to you, but to me, this sounds HORRIFYING.