Three

Jean waited for days and nights for her to contact her again but she hadn't and it frustrated her. She hadn't told anyone of her dream, even her mothers. It sounded insane every time she would think about it.

And the thought that her other half was in the hands of humans doing God knows what didn't settle the pain that had been nagging on her chest since she dreamed of it.

She ran a frustrated hand over her face as she read in the books about the ability her soulmate had. If she could find out what clan had the ability to connect to someone's dreams, maybe it would be easier to track who she was.

"What are you thinking?" A voice suddenly called her attention. She raised her head from the enormous book she was reading. A warm set of hazel eyes stared fondly at her. It had been years, but Andrea still looked almost the same, except she had smiled more now compared to when they first met. She remembered seeing her with sadness in her eyes. But now, they were happy and full of love. And she knew she and Taylor had to do something with that.

"Hi, Andy," she answered sadly at the thought of her soulmate suffering somewhere.

The woman stared at her, emerald eyes bored into her gray ones before giving her a small smile. "You and your other mother had that same brooding face when you're thinking hard. Tell me."

She sighed. "A vampire came to me in my dreams, a couple of nights ago. And... she... Humans have her."

"There's more to that, isn't it?"

"She... She's mine, Ma," she ran a hand on her face again. "She's mine and humans have her and I'm here doing nothing!"

She slammed her fists on the table, leaving a noticeable dent. Two warm hands held hers, prying them open. She looked up and watched as her mother looked at her with concern in her eyes.

"You're not doing nothing, my little one. You and Taylor are doing your best to look for those taken by humans, like Chloe's sister. Maybe when you found her, you'd find her there, too."

"Or, her sister could be your soulmate," Frank said from the library doors.

"Frank!" She jumped to her feet and threw herself towards the old vampire, almost tackling him. "When did you arrive from London?"

"Last night. I know I had to return as soon as I could when I heard there were vampires missing."

"What... made you say that Chloe's sister may have been my soulmate?"

"The Nightblooms, few as they were, had the ability to connect with their mates in their dreams without meeting them."

"So... she is my mate?"

"I would believe so. The Nightbloom clan had... dwindled for the past hundred years. I noticed that Chloe was relatively young for an ancient clan like them. I also think that the two of them were close, that's why the girl had a certain... fondness for you."

She turned her head towards her mother, a desperate look on her face.

"Ma, I need to find her, please."

"Come on. Let's find Taylor so we can look into this angle."

The three of them left the library with Jean hopeful things would turn around.

***

Jenna could feel the silver whip bite on her skin as he pulled it off. She felt it dug on her skin and burned her. Every slash imprinted for eternity on her skin. It was one of the most painful things she had suffered, and she had suffered at the hands of another, but she kept her mouth shut. Even in that kind of agony, Jenna refused to scream in front of him.