"exactly, she's got brains, to die for beauty and even underneath those baggy scrubs I see a banging body"

"Yeah I can definitely see me getting some of that"another voice said.

"I doubt she's as brilliant as they say though, come on now best in a class of one hundred and three with best honours, they say the school gave her an excellence award and she's still winning at this hospital, she can't be that good."

"what do you mean? " someone asked and my heartbeat was already racing crazy from rage.

"I mean with a body and beauty like hers, she can do it the old fashioned way girls do it to the top, we could be the be best as well if we looked like her"

Laughter erupted from the room again and this time I couldn't see properly anymore as red clouded my eyes, David tried to hold my arm to stop me from bursting into the lounge but of course he was too late, I burst into the lounge and on seeing me all the laughter died down.

I looked around to see four male residents seated around each giving each other looks. Surprisingly her so called friend Jafar among them

"which one of you was that? "I asked barely getting words out as my body shook with anger. "the one with the smart mouth"

They looked at each other like some teenagers caught doing something stupid.

None of them answered which angered me the more

I moved to where Jafar was standing, "I asked a question" I said firmly.

I felt a hand on my shoulder followed by David's voice, "Ali c'mon don't do anything, let's go"

"did you hear what they were saying?" I asked turning to him.

He looked at me, "Yes I did"
he said looking round at the stupid looks they all had on their faces, some of shame and others of not caring, like Jafar whom I wanted to punch at the moment.
"but we don't want to cause any trouble Ali, not here" David pressed.

I ignored him turning back to Jafar, "some friend you are huh" I spat. "sitting around talking crap about someone who in the least cares about you"

He looked at me not remorseful at all, "what were you saying again? " I asked my composure hanging on by thread. "wow I always never liked you, I just never painted you for a coward or an excuse of a man"

Just when I couldn't hold it together any longer, the prick smirked. "what are you trying to play the hero here?"
He said that smirk still on his face.

"of course you're gonna feel offended by that, I mean you should know what we mean when you're literally drooling everytime you see her hot--"
Of course he didn't get to finish that as I fisted my hand and threw a punch to his face that pushed him back against the lockers, not giving him time to recover I grabbed his collar and threw him against the wall throwing another punch to his stomach this time followed by another one, I could hear David telling me to stop but of course I didn't until he forcefully dragged and hauled me away before I killed the idiot.

"what is wrong with you man?" he shouted in my face. I ignored him

Jafar was struggling to get up from his crouched up position, coughing blood from his busted mouth.

"Don't ever talk about her like that again,next time I'll make sure you don't have the mouth to" I said out of breath before walking out of the place adjusting my lab coat feeling a little less than better but it was worth it of course.

I knew there would be consequences to what I'd just done, a law suit at most but it was worth it. She is worth it.

🍥🍥🍥🍥

The Cost Of Retribution( Not your usual Hausa love story) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें