Helping the Beast

Chapter 22: Helping The Beast!

Next day, Arnav bid bye to Muskaan, Gurpreet and other people wishing them

Next day, Arnav bid bye to Muskaan, Gurpreet and other people wishing them. Though he tried to wear his plastic expression, Muskaan saw tiredness through it. But Arnav without listening anything, packed her to Delhi. But once he came back inside, his feet could not bare his weight. He slumped on the sofa in the living room.
His headache knew no bounds and he was drained of any energy he had. He sat with his arms over his eyes which were burning and within minutes he fell into tired sleep. This is how Khushi, who came to steal some achar found him.
Khushi being in her 7th month of pregnancy grew more fond of Achars. And Gurpreet's achar always trigger Khushi's taste bud. But in between, due to having too much of spicy achar, Khushi started having Cramps so Arnav, Muskaan and Gurpreet had restricted her from having any and hid all the achar pots. Once or twice she was allowed to have. And today Khushi was craving for those Chatpata eatables and as today Muskaan and Gurpreet are leaving, she thought of searching and eating them. But the moment she saw Arnav in that state, her craving for Achar was forgotten.
With her swollen legs, she reached him as fast as she could and sat beside him. She slightly shook him.

Khushi: Arnavji... Arnavji...

Arnav just grunted and rolled his head but did not wake up. And that scared Khushi to her wits. She started shaking him again.

Khushi: Arnavji.. Wake up! Why are you sitting like this?

But again she got only a grunt as a reply. She moved his hand away from his face and touched his forehead. Khushi gasped as he was burning like furnace. She shook him to wake up again. But no. So she started yelling.

Khushi: Arnavji... Wake up! Its paining. Ouch..

Actually that was a real kick. Her baby was kicking for lying to its father. Khushi scowled. But Arnav jerked up rubbing his eyes and moaned in pain.

Arnav: Khushi.. Are you Okay. Wait I will..

He was talking in his hoarse voice without even looking at her. Khushi stood there with her hands on her hips.

Khushi: I am fine! But you are not. Now wake up and come with me.
Arnav: Urhh.. What the!
Khushi: Even in this state you don't forget your what the? Now please stand up and give me your arm!

He did as said but he kept on mumbling.

Arnav: I am heavy for you Khushi.. Khushi you will hurt yourself. Not the staircase. You are 7 months and supporting me.. Khushi..

Khushi got irritated.

Khushi: Yes That is right. My name is Khushi and yes I am 7 months pregnant and Yes you are heavy for me and I am supporting you. So Can you please not make it more difficult for me by coming quietly to the room?