Prologue

It was only ever supposed to have been a joke. We never would have let it go as far as it did if we had known they would have taken it so seriously! But here we are, stuck in the back of a police car on our way to our certain doom. By which I mean our parents.

There were four of us that had been caught plus the one who had gotten us into this mess in the first place. Let's just say that this person was not the most liked in the car right now. In fact I'm pretty sure we all hated her.

Loki, Rose, Patricia, and I were all staring daggers at the snitch, aka Mary. We had never been that fond of her in the first place but now one of us was looking at her with hatred, one was glaring with distrust, one was pointedly not looking at her due to a strong feeling of betrayal... and I was only merely surprised.

"Why'd you do it?" Rose hissed in an upset rage. She was furious not only that they had been caught but that someone she had almost trusted had been the one to betray us.

"It was only supposed to have been a spot of fun!" Patricia added, sniffing a little through her own tears. Mary was supposed to have been her friend...

Mary just glared at them and resumed staring out the window in silence. I was disgusted at the fact that we had once been besties... even if it had been a long time ago. Although, I still felt a pang of pity for her. Mary's supposed friends had run away without so much as helping her. She must feel just as betrayed as Patricia did. Not that it was any excuse of course...

Loki and I had already decided to remain in a dignified silence. I knew that my parents were going to be furious with me when I arrived at the police station, especially considering my father was the chief of police. Oops. Still, I had yet to feel guilty for what I had done. On the contrary, I thought that it had been worth it. My life had been pretty much boring up until this morning and I had been having the time of my life up until we had been caught! 

It had been a long and exhausting day, though. Slowly, I felt my eyelids droop and I rested my head against Loki's shoulder. Images of what had happened today began replaying in my head as sleep finally found me...