Tin Man Has A Heart After All

Start from the beginning

Wow, two weeks worth of detention for writing my name on the back of a desk? This place is freaking hard core. I peer at Sylvia who’s struggling to not crack up at Mrs. Piper’s constipated expression.

“And you, Miss Tanaka,” she adds, obviously having noticed too, “are welcome to join her if you don’t quietly take a seat right now.”

Sylvia’s eyes flicker to mine but then she shrugs, heading for her seat. 

Wow, school hasn’t even commenced and I already have detention. I should be put into the Guinness Book of World Records or something.

“Yes, Mrs. Piper.” I sing, taking out my ipod and plugging in my earphones. My ears are pleasantly greeted by the song Brick By Boring Brick by Paramore.

And with that, I zone out for the rest of English.

..::::..

“Faith!” 

I whip my head side to side and up and down in search for the owner before my eyes land on Sylvia, who’s swiftly running towards me. She’s going to stop, right? My silent question is answered when she collides with me, sending the both of us onto the crumb-coated tile floors.

Oomph!

“If this is going to be your usual greeting, I think I might just come to school in one of those inflatable sumo wrestler costumes. I might look like I’ve gained four hundred pounds but at least I won’t have bruises in places I didn’t even know I had,” I say as I untangle myself from her and we stand up, dusting ourselves off.

She rolls her eyes and grabs my hand, dragging me off somewhere. “You're hilarious. Anyways, you’re going to eat with me today. Well, me and my other friends, of course.”

"You have friends?" I gasp loudly.

"Yes, I have friends. And you better be nice because they're going to be your friends too."

Finally we reach a table with two guys and a girl. “Okay, so I will be in charge of introductions!” Sylvia exclaims, putting her hands on her hips and one of her feet on the bench as if she’s superman or something.

“First is Shane Stratton,” she informs me, pointing to a tall guy with sky blue eyes and dirty blonde hair, darker than Wade’s. He grins and nods at me in the way guys do to acknowledge people.

Hold up, why am I comparing him to that rude introvert?

“Next is Soren Worth.” She smacks the boy who’s shoveling down his ramen in the back of his head, earning a glare. He is shorter than Shane with dark eyes and caramel colored hair. I can see a Guns N’ Roses t-shirt poking out beneath his white button up and I can’t help but smile to myself.