Part 5

3 Months Later…

The Doctor and I were over my mum’s house for dinner one night. I hadn’t seen that man in black for a while, so I was less nervous. But with the baby’s birth being only days away I was still panicking on the inside a bit. We were all sitting around the table, just talking and laughing. I looked over and saw Tony yawning.

“Alright young man, it’s off to bed with you” my mum said

“But, mum, I’m not tired” he said yawning and rubbing his eyes

“Come on now sweetie, go to bed. It’s way past your bedtime”

“I want a story”

“Ok, I’ll come up and read you a story in a little bit” she reasoned.

“No, I want Rose you tell me a story”

She looked at me wishfully. I could tell she was tired. So I stood up, with a little help from the doctor-gosh I was getting so big- and walked upstairs with him.

I tucked him into bed and asked, “Alright Tony. What story do you want me to read tonight?”

“I don’t want you to read a story. I want you to tell one.”

“Ok, well, how about werewolves?” He peeked up from under his covers and nodded his head. “Well, we were running down the hall of a very old manor. We paused for a moment and heard silence. Then, out of nowhere, this big huge werewolf started chasing after us. We ran as fast as we could into this old room and shut the door. This room was made completely made of wood. We didn’t think it would keep the monster out so we barricaded the door with real heavy furniture. We held our ear against the wall and listened. We heard heavy breathing and then a growl. It was definitely outside waiting for us, but he wasn’t trying to get in at all. We were all scared and wondered why the wolf didn’t try to get in and…” I looked over at him and he was asleep. I tucked him in and kissed his forehead, “goodnight, Tony” I stood up and reached over to his nightstand to turn off the light. As I did I just happened to look out the window. And I saw him. The man in black. He was across the street just standing there, waiting. Then I felt it. I grabbed my stomach as I felt a jerk. I walked out of the room and managed to close the door just before I collapsed. “Doctor!” I yelled and then I saw him running up the stairs and knelt down next to me.

“What’s happened, Rose? Are you ok?”

“Doctor, that man. I saw that man again just before. Ahhhh!” I felt the jerking pain again, “Doctor, the baby- she’s coming!”

The Doctor and my dad carried me downstairs and into the car. The doctor got in the car and said, “Jackie, stay here and look after Tony. Pete come drive us to the hospital!”

“Oh, no way! Pete you stay here with Tony. There is no way in hell I’m going to miss my granddaughter being born!”

We were driving away to the hospital and I held the Doctor’s hand in the backseat as my mum drove us. There was nothing on his face but a look of concern and fright for me. I squeezed my eyes closed as another twinge of  pain came. When I opened I turned my head and looked out the window. He was there. Watching me.

“Doctor!” I tugged on his jacket, “Doctor, that’s him. That’s the man I’ve been seeing.”

 He looked up and saw him. I could tell he had a very faint idea of who he was and what he was doing here. I half expected him to jump out the window and go run after the man. That’s what the old Doctor would do. But he just sat there and said, “Rose, I know you’re scared but all that matters right now is that we get our daughter delivered. Then we can worry about keeping her safe.” Then I blacked out.