chapter 3

♡ chapter 3 : when the sun goes down ♡

Aphmau's Pov -

It has been a day since Nicole's and Dante's engagement party. Zane went to work and the rest went to meditation class, leaving me home alone. I called Garroth to come over and he said he'll be over in a couple of minutes. While waiting for Garroth, I looked through some pictures of Aaron and I. I did that for a while until I heard the doorbell rang. I rushed to the door and opened it to reveal Garroth with a bouquet of flowers.

"Hey Aphmau!" Garroth waved and handed me the bouquet. "Here's flowers for you!"

"Why?" I questioned, holding the bouquet.

"Sorry if you thought the wrong idea! This is just a gift of friendship! Since we're friends and yeah..." He scratched the back of his neck.

I smelled the flowers. Damn, these smells good. "It's all right! Come in!" I welcomed him inside the house. "Sorry if it's a bit dirty, I'm home alone so it's a bit hard to clean up."

"It's fine! Why don't we go out?" Garroth asked.

"Oh, yeah, of course! I just have to change and we can go out. Just sit down." I told him, walking upstairs to my room with the bouquet of flowers. Hopefully, he's okay down there.

Garroth's Pov -

I sighed as Aphmau went up. I knew it! Flowers was too much! I sat down on the couch and looked around. While looking around, I spotted a collage of pictures. So I stood up and walked towards it. I looked at the pictures. There was a picture of Aphmau and Zane with a birthday cake, Lucinda with a witch hat on and her boyfriend Ivan doing some potion, Katelyn and her boyfriend Jeffory kissing, all of them in front of the house and many more. But one stood out the most, it was picture of Aphmau and what seems to be Aaron, it looked like they were at prom. Aphmau seemed so happy on this picture, even Aaron. I wonder what went wrong?

"I'm ready!" Aphmau exclaimed, walking down the stairs, wearing a galaxy sweatshirt and black shorts.

I quickly went back to the couch. "Okay then, let's go!"

---

At 8 PM :

Garroth brought me home after a fun day around the city. I unlocked the door, holding on my teddy bear Garroth bought me. As I entered the house, everyone was in the living room, looking at me.

"H-Hey guys!" I stuttered.

"Aph, where did you go?" Zane asked.

"Why are you so late?" Katelyn questioned.

"Little apple, we were worried." Ivan said.

"I was just hanging out with Garroth, that's all." I awkwardly giggled.

"I told you she's alright." Lucinda smiled. "Pumpkin, go get some sleep."

I nodded and went upstairs to my room. I closed the door and placed down my teddy bear.

"You should have brought her with you guys!" Zane yelled. What's going on down there?

"It didn't seem like she wanted to come, alright!" Katelyn yelled back. "Why don't you bring her to your work like you did before!"