Chapter 8: The Ultimate Gift

Start from the beginning

Swalter: Yes, well I think I can pull some strings so the two of you can be together. Besides Amy is a great nurse that in my opinion needs a chance to serve a patient by herself. It only fits that person would be her boyfriend that she talks about all the time here during her breaks. You are a lucky lad to have her as a girlfriend.

Sonic: I know.

Doctor Swalter then left through the white double doors and a few minutes later Amy barged into the room with her nurse uniform on and with a concerned look on her face.

Amy: Sonic why did you do that?

Sonic: Do what?

Amy: Run into a light post. I have never heard of you doing anything like that before.

Sonic: Well I was at the post office and I got your present for your birthday and I was so excited about seeing your face when you open it I accidently did not look at where I was going and then bam!

Amy's face instantly turned from concerned to happy in an instant.

Amy: Oh you shouldn't have.

Sonic: I had to it will be your birthday tomorrow and you're so special to me that I had to.

Amy: Ironic though that I finally get assigned a guest by myself and I end up with you.

Sonic: Well I asked Doctor Swalter about assigning you here since we will miss our date so might as well make do with what we have got huh?

Amy: That is so sweet of you. I get to spend time with you while on duty it is too good to be true.

Sonic: Doesn't this remind you of the last time I got hurt and you cared for me? And remember how everything turned out in the end? I still can't get the image of us kissing like we did and sleeping together like that.

Amy now started to blush madly as I couldn't help but smile at this. She was always so sweet when she blushed like that.

Amy: Yes I guess it does.

Sonic: So do you think we could call this a date?

Amy: I guess so. A work date.

So we started talking to each other for a couple of hours pausing only by eating our meals and laughing at the other's jokes. It had been quite sometime since we ever did that. Then we started teasing each other and exchange kisses. We even made out once or twice. Then I noticed the time. It was 11:59 p.m.

Amy: Well I guess we better get some sleep.

Sonic: Wait before we do I have something to give you.

Amy: What?

Sonic: Your gift of course.

I held out the package and I smiled at her.

Sonic: Sorry I did not have time to wrap it all up.

Amy: Sonic the greatest gift you can give me is your love.

Then the clock chimed 12 a.m. and I could not help but smile.

Sonic: Does this remind you of the last time we stayed up together this long?