Chapter 8: The Ultimate Gift

2 Years Later

It's hard to believe it has been 2 years since I told Amy how much I cared for her. During that time our relationship and feelings for each other blossomed. Each day with her brought an even greater feeling of wanting to be with her for the rest of my life. The times I have spent with her have made me feel incredibly blissful. Anyways tomorrow Amy was going to turn 18 so I thought I would give her the best gift I could possibly get to her. I ran to the post office hoping that her present I ordered for her was in there yet.

Sonic: Hey Ashtin!

Ashtin: Hey Sonic! Let me guess you are hoping that your package is here yet.

Sonic: Of course.

Ashtin: Let me check.

In a flash the purple hedgehog bolted into the mail room and a split second later he appeared holding a small package wrapped around with brown paper.

Ashtin: Looks like it's here.

Sonic: Great timing too.

I took the package and excitedly bolted out the door however I was so oblivious to my surroundings I accidentally ran right into a light post. I was dazed for a moment and suddenly from the violent shaking of the light post the light bulb jarred lose and slammed right on to my head and then I blacked out. When I woke up I realized that my forehead was wrapped in bandages and I felt a bit groggy. I looked at my surroundings and I realized I was in a hospital bed. Suddenly the double doors opened and revealed a raccoon that was in a doctor's uniform and had a card that read "Doctor Swalter".

Doctor Swalter: It is good to see you awake, Sonic.

Sonic: What happened?

Swalter: You received a minor concussion from running into a light post which I must say was pretty stupid of you.

Sonic: I was not looking where I was going.

Swalter: Well to make sure you will be alright you will stay here until first thing in the morning for your safety.

Tomorrow that means I won't be able to go on my date with Amy tonight! Wait Amy probably works here! This might turn into a good thing! Yeah and to see her gift at 12:01 a.m. tomorrow morning will be extremely romantic.

Sonic: Say doctor can I ask you something?

Swalter: Yes.

Sonic: Will I need a nurse in here the whole time?

Swalter: It would be for the best.

Sonic: Then can I request a nurse?

Swalter: It depends on who you ask for.

Sonic: Can I have Amy Rose be assigned in here with me?

Swalter: Why may I ask?

Sonic: I am her boyfriend and we sort of had a date planned out later and well can you come here for a moment?

Doctor Swalter walked beside me and I instantly whispered some words into his ear and he grinned by what I told him.