t h i r t y s e v e n

continuing from last chapter

He left me in the parking lot speechless. I didn't know what to do, but the only thing I could do is go to class and figure something out.

I walk into the school and try and find kali. I instantly see her at her locker. I walk up to her and see has a confused look on her face.

"Hey kali" I say to her.

"Hey jack, um what did you have to tell me?" she asked and I look at her confused.

"What are you talking about?" I ask

"Sam just came up to me and said that you had to tell me something." she says and my eyes go wide.

"Oh it's nothing, just stupid sam." I tell her hopefully she believes it.

"Are you sure because you look a little uneasy." ah shit what do I do? I don't wanna lie to her, but I don't wanna tell her.

"Yeah everything's good, but I'd keep my distance from Sam, he's trouble."

"I don't never talk to him unless he speaks to me, but I thought you guys were friends? Did something happen between you two?" Damn I knew she would ask questions.

"No it's just he likes to start stuff and I don't want him to mess anything up between us." I reassure her. "But I gotta get to class, see you after school?" I ask her while walking backwards down the hall as quickly as possible.

"Actually I gotta work, but I'll text you." She half yells so I can hear and walks the opposite direction to her class.

I'm grateful she didn't ask questions and I didn't have to lie even more, but I know she's gonna get suspicious. I'll just have to break the ice to her.

kali;

The day goes by pretty fast and before I know it, it's time to go home well in my case work. I hurry out of the school so I'm not late for work. As I'm leaving the parking lot, I see jack talking to sam. It looks like they're in a heated conversation. Somethings definitely up and I'm going to find out what.

Work goes by slow and when 5:30 hit, I was out like a rocket. I was ready to get in my bed and EAT. I didn't have time to get anything after school, and I haven't ate since 11:30 and I'm starving. I pull into my driveway and see no cars. Great. I unlock the door and make my way inside and drop my backpack at the door since I have no homework or tests to study for.

I walk into the kitchen and grab some hamburger meat out of the kitchen and a box of hamburger helper and begin making my food. I text jack and see if he wants come with me.

"hey, i'm cooking hamburger helper, wanna join?"

"sorry, can't busy rn"

"oh okay whatcha up to?"

"i gotta go i call u later"

The hell? Jack was acting short like he didn't wanna talk. I know he said he's busy but he usually tells me what he's doing. I guess I shouldn't worry. I trust jack, I just hope he isn't doing anything to make me not.

I eat alone and clean up my mess and make my way upstairs to my bed. It's only 7, so I go take a hot bath and relax. I wash my hair and body before grabbing a towel and getting out. I decide to just watch some tv before I go to bed. I turn on KUWTK and watch as Kourtney and Kim argue back and forth. I check the time and see that it's 8:30. Still no call from jack. I turn my tv off and scroll through my phone and try to go to sleep. At around 9:00 I feel my eyes get heavy and I'm fast asleep with still no call from jack.

jack;

I'm currently at Sams trying to figure out a way out of this mess, but he's making everything complicated.

"Bro come on, we don't have to do this. I mean what's there to prove anyway?" i ask sam.

"Jack we've had these plans for months now, that little know-it-all bitch who thinks that just because she's "hot" now she can walk around like she's the shit. Hell nah, somebody's gotta put her in her place."

"Sam you realize we could go to JAIL for this right? I mean is it worth it? What did she even do to you anyway to make you hate her so much?" He never even told me what he has against kali anyway.

"That's besides the point jack, are you in or not because if you're not then i'll be happy to replace you. We can't have you screwing up our plan." I think for a minute, do I really wanna screw up what me and kali have or better yet go to jail just because Sams pissed?

......