The Family Tree●Chapter 9

6 years later

Emma's pov

I'm cooking as Hope walks in from school. A happy feeling overcomes me. I love seeing my child and I hate she needs to go to school.

"Hey sweetheart, how was school?" I ask.

"Good. Grandmommy gives us a job: tomorrow we need to explain our family tree. And then she said looking at me: for some people is that a huge job so it will be you're only. Why did grandmommy look at me?" Hope asks.

Dammit. I know it is something we all need to do but for our family it is still complicated. Even after all those years I still don't get of Regina is actually family, our Rumple and I really ware family and know we need to explain to a 7 years old child that Tilly is the daughter of Alice and Robyn and that Alice is the daughter of the wish version of daddy. I sighed.

"Our family is quite complicated sweetheart. Remember aunt Elsa? Once a women wanted Elsa and me to be sisters. I will explain." I say when I conjure up our family tree. The paper is almost as big as the table. Hope's eyes widen.

"Is that our family tree?" She asks shocked.

"Yes sweetie. Were gonna look at it together with dad,but not now. Now I need to do something else." I say when I take my phone and call mom.

"Mom? How do I need to explain Hope our family tree? I barely know him by myself!" I say when she pics up.

"Whoa whoa slow down. I know our family tree is kinda complicated so Killian volunteered to learn our family tree and know he knows our family tree just that good as I do." She says.

I melt. Did Killian really did that for me and Hope? I hear the door open and Killian apears in the kitchen. I hang up and walk to Killian. Without saying something I pull him into the hallway.

"Swan what's wrong?" Killian asks worried.

Whitout saying something I push him to the wall and kiss him passionate. He seems suprised but quickly responds the kiss. When we pull away he says:

"Ok I thought you were mad about something but this is way better."

I laugh. I still can't believe the hole family tree is in his head now.

"Did you really learned the hole family tree for us?" I ask.

He nods."I heard Snow say a couple months ago that she was going to teach them about it and I don't wanted to end up knowing nothing about you're family tree so I decided to learn it. It's quite big." He says with a little laugh.

"Well, then you help is very welcome with it because I don't bloody know how I need to explain it." I say.

We go back to the kitchen as Hope looks up:

"Are you ready?" She asks.

"Aye." Killian and I say on unison.

We sit down next to Hope and start to explain. We tell her the family tree,but also stories about our family.

"So if great-grandmother Eva did not tell great-grandfather Leopold that Regina's mother was pregnant, then Cora would never have given Zelena up and Aunt Regina would probably never have existed, just like grandmother, and then mom, Henry, and I would never have existed either. Is that right?" Hope asks.

Killian and I are both speachless. Hope is barely 8 and she takes things just like they are,like Henry always does.

"Yeah,you're right. You know what? Tell that tomorrow in class and listen then what grandmommy is going to answer." I say with a smirk. When I look up to Killian I see he's also smirking. This is gonna be fun.

The next day.

Emma's pov

Killian and I are laying on the couch as Hope walks in.

"Mommy! Daddy! Grandmommy gived me a 10/10 for my family tree presentation. I told the story you said I needed to tell and it was so weird, Grandmommy didn't know what to say. She just said: 10/10 and I could go." Hope said excited.

Killian and I both laughed. Mom was probably hoping to correct Hope and now she couldn't so I expect a call from her.

"That's great love. Come you laying with us? Were watching a nice program called 'friends' and its a show about crazy people, it's very nice." Killian says.

Hope comes between us and puts her head on my shoulders. After a while she says: "I love you."

My heart melt and I can see Killian's does also.

"We love you too."

💙💙
It is so nice to write all these moments!!! It's like I stand there and I watched the moment!

@onceuponatime.in.belgium