5

"Please forgive this goddess, Great Crown Prince."

Zhu An attempted to open his eyes and turn his head towards the pleading female voice, but in each attempt that he tried, sharp pains would radiated from the left side of his rib cage towards his back and then up his neck.

'what's going on?' Zhu An thought to himself as he attempted to try and forced his eyes open again, but failed because of the excruciating pain.

"You should have notified me." An unsympathetic, intimidating, and stern voice said

"I.. This goddess is wrong! It was foolish of this goddess, but please take into consideration that this goddess was just carrying out Great Crown Prince's command. Please have mercy on this goddess." The female voice begged.

As Zhu An continued to listen to the pleading voice and intimidating voice exchanged words, he again attempted to open his eyes and move, but like before, each and every time Zhu An attempted to shift his body, the sharp pain radiated and quadrupled throughout his body.

...

As Zhu An blinked and squinted at the bright rays of lights hitting his eyes, he wondered to himself when he had passed out. The last thing he remembered was the sharp pains running across his body as he tried to force his body to move.

"You're awake. Good. The Great Emperor has summoned for you." A middle age man with a small, brown hair bun casually tells Zhu An.

Zhu An was unsure of what the old man meant and wanted to ask him why Shen would summon for him, and also tell the old man that he could not move. But, before Zhu An could get even one word out, he saw two man dressed in white robes with black linings and gold trimmings marched towards him.

'Did people in the palace dressed in gold?' Zhu An stared at the pure gold rimming and thought to himself

The two man each grabbed one of Zhu An's arm and then carefully and silently flew him away at a very fast pace.

Never in Zhu An's life had he ever moved so fast. In fact, the two men flew so fast, everything they passed was nothing but a fuzzy blur to Zhu An.

When the two men finally began to slow down, the effects of the speed and flashing images made Zhu An felt as though his empty stomach was going to hurl out. Zhu An's was so discombobulated and nauseous that the two guards had to lift Zhu An up and pulled him into the huge, shimmering palace.

...

Once Zhu An was able to recompose himself, he realized he had been hauled into a beautiful, grand hall, and there was a bunch of beautiful and unfamiliar people staring at him.

Additionally, the person sitting in what Zhu An assumed is the Emperor's seat was not Shen but a young man with long blond hair and a calm aura.

Perplexed, Zhu An anxiously began to scan everyone and everything around him before the Great Emperor asked in a tranquil tone: "State who you are human."

Zhu An thought it was weird of the man to refer to him as Human, but still quietly reply: "Z..Zhu An. I am Zhu An your h.highness."

"Zhu An, are you aware of where you are?" The Great Emperor asked in an even and calm tone.

Zhu An took in a quick, unsteady breath and shook his head as he replied, "Z..Zhu An is not sure your highness."

Upon hearing Zhu An's answer, the Emperor momentarily glanced towards Jing before shifting his gaze back to Zhu An.

"Is the insignia finished, goddess Geng Shi?" The Great Emperor questioned the goddess of matrimony without shifting his sharp gaze from Zhu An.

Zhu An watched as a beautiful, young lady in a wavy, red dress humbly walked up behind him and bowed to the Great Emperor before stating: "Unfortunately, this goddess has completed the engraving.