4

Max: hey did you start the essay for mrs. G yet or no

Ian: yeah, its real dumb idk what im doing.

Max: damn I havent even started yet.

Max wanted nothing more than a reaction, just something from Ian. He wanted to know if the other night meant anything. He wanted to know if Chad's house meant anything. But he couldn't just bring it up. He couldn't.

Ian: hey, so, remember earlier?

Max's heart stopped. This is what he wanted but now that it's happening he didn't want it to.

Max: yeah?

Ian: Any particular guy catch your eye? ;)

"You" Max wanted to send it. He had typed it out in the chat box but ended up deleting it and rewriting a million different names. Finally he thought of someone who he thought might be gay, if Ian tried to set them up.

Max: Yeah, I guess Jason's pretty cool.

Ian: ooo ;) nice. Heres his number...

Max had totally forgotten that they were chemistry partners.

Max: haha thanks dude.

Ian: go for it!

Max went into his contact list and plugged in the number. He tapped the "new message" button and typed out a few things.

Hey, what's up?  Delete.
Hey, how you going? Delete.

He settled on a Hey, you're cute, wanna hang out? It's max stanley by the way.

Max hit send and threw his phone across the room.

He heard a notification, but since he wasn't sure if it was Ian or Jason, he let it go. He closed his eyes and let himself drift into sleep. He didn't want to think about this, anyway.

__

The next morning while Max walked to school, everything felt quiet. His hands were shoved in his pockets and his earbuds in his ears. He wanted to shut the world out. Did he really just ask out a boy? Did he really have feelings for Ian AND ask out another boy? What was he thinking? He needed to say something.

He had on his black jumper and dark blue jeans. His maroon Nikes, too.

His thoughts always found their way back to Ian. Everything seemed perfect about him.

And that notification from last night? It was Jason. They agreed to meet up after school and hang out. Max wasn't ready.

__

The end of the school day came quicker than Max (or Ian) had anticipated when Jason stood in front of Max at their designated meeting place. His breath was cold, icy almost. Jason had bright blue eyes that everyone commented on, and an award winning smile that could shake a whole crowd. He had messy hair like Max (but a little shorter). Ian insisted that Max's hair was better. Everything in Max's body shook as Jason led him to his house and opened the front door.

"My parents aren't home." His voice was as icy as his breath. A shiver ran down Max's spine as Jason made his way to the couch in the living room, just down the hall. Max blindly followed, not wanting to know what was on Jason's mind.

Jason sat down, allowing his blue flannel sleeves fall a bit. He rolled them back up without hesitation, and turned on the TV.

Max smiled at the other boy, taking in his features. Yeah, he was cute. His eyes really were stunning. His frame wasn't too bad either. Max was just surprised everything was going so well. Things were bound to go south soon.

Jason went straight for Max's lips. Almost attacking Max, pushing him down and pinning him against the leather couch. He rapidly went for his own belt, not bothering to help Max with his clothes. Max was still in shock as Jason had managed to strip down. He effortlessly fell back on top of Max as they continued.

All at once, the door swung open. Jason's name was called from the other end of the hallway.

"Stacy's home...fuck."

Max knit his brows together. Stacy? Who the hell...

A girlfriend?

Max felt his blood boiling inside his veins. Was this kid just about to use him for a blowjob?

"Jason wh-"

Jason quickly covered Max's mouth with his hand.

"Shhhh!" His blue eyes tried to fight through the green grass of Max's. "Go! Hide!"

"Uh, no thanks." Max growled. He stood up and walked out of the hallway. "Hey Stacy," He called, "Make sure when your boyfriend wants a free blowjob, it's not from the guy down the block."

Tears formed in her eyes, "W-What?"

Max nodded, and proceeded out the door. 

__

"What the fuck?"

Ian paced around as Max laid in his bed, legs hanging off the side.

Ian looked for words to elaborate on, but found none. "I-I just...thought t-that he-"

"Was a good guy? Yeah, he's lovely." Max huffed. The sarcasm in his voice filling the room with an uncomfortable film.

"I'm sorry, Max." Ian broke the silence, "I really didn't think he'd..."

"Me either."

Silence. It was deafening. Ian made his way over to Max and laid down next to him, proceeding to wrap his arms around his torso.

"Ain't that just a little gay?" Max questioned with a hint of a chuckle.

Ian sighed, "I just feel really bad, and I don't know how else to say sorry."

Max smiled.  He couldn't help it. He had undeniable feelings for Ian, and he needed to get over them somehow. In the moment, though, as wrong as it felt, he enjoyed Ian's arms around him.