23. Downhill from here

Jungkook sat at (Y/n)'s hospital bed, waiting for her to wake up. Because of horrible head trauma, both Mari and (Y/n) were in comas, no one was sure for how long. It had already been two weeks since the announcement. Kira had broken down and stayed by Mari's side as much as she could. Hoseok was there to hear the announcement, and he left to the dorm right after.
"I've never seen Hoseok-hyung so depressed."
Jimin commented as Yoo Mi sat with Yoongi in (Y/n)'s room. Hoseok came to visit, and then left right away.
"He wants to call it off as soon as possible with (Y/n)-noona, he blames himself for this stuff happening."
"That's bullsh*t, Jungkook-ah, he can't be serious about it."
"Namjoon-hyung, he took off his promise ring and told me to give it back to her."
The boys were sad for (Y/n) and Hoseok, they knew (Y/n) would be absolutely broken with it.
"Kooks, Hoseok-hyung is live."
"What?!"
Everyone looked at Taehyung's phone. Hoseok had made the break public. He was crying, but tried to laugh it off. He ended the live with a message to the girl.
"(Y/n), when you wake up, because I know you will, know that I love you."
Kira came running into the room.
"The live, you all saw it?"
The boys nodded.
"So did Mari and I."
"Mari's awake?!"
"She woke up a while ago."
"And?"
"She already wants to kill him."
Visiting hours were over for the boys, they frowned and bid the girl goodbye. Jungkook lingered and gave the girl a kiss on the cheek.
"I'm sorry noona."
He placed the note and ring on the table and left. When the boys reached the dorm, Hoseok was sat on the couch, very silent. This was frequent ever since (Y/n) went into a coma.
"Hyung, are you okay?"
He nodded and walked to his room. He slammed the door shut and stayed there. The rest of the boys stood in silence. Yeontan ran up to Jungkook and looked for the girl.
"I'm sorry Tannie, but I don't think she's coming back."
Yeontan gave out a whimper and jumped to the front door, scratching at it. Yeontan also had been waiting for the girl.
"Yeontan, stop, come here."
Yeontan whimpered and walked to Taehyung before lowering his head.
"Tannie, come here, she'll come back. I'm sure she will."
Inside the room, Hoseok was laying on his bed. He blanked out and stared at the picture he put up of (Y/n) and him kissing. His arm subconsciously reached out to the girl's side of the bed, but retreated suddenly when all it met with was cold bedsheets. For the fourth time that week, Hoseok was missing the girl.
"I'm stupid for doing this, but I feel like it was my fault..."
His phone rang out through the silent room and he answered it quickly.
"JUNG HOSEOK HOW DARE YO-"
Hoseok hung up and cut off the angry voice of (Y/n)'s father. He hurt himself doing this, how selfish of him. All he could think of is how much he was hurting, and not thinking of how (Y/n) was still not awake. His phone rang a second time.
"Yes?"
"HOSEOK! (Y/N)-UNNIE, SHE JUST WENT INTO CARDIAC ARREST! SHE'S NOT RESPONDING!"
Hoseok sprung up from his bed and ran to the car. He sped to the hospital and went straight to (Y/n)'s room.
"Wait what?"
The girl was laying there, perfectly fine. Kira sighed and tapped his shoulder as he stared at the girl through the window.
"Stop crying, I knew you would come, let's go get a drink."
Hoseok touched his cheek, and indeed, he was crying.
"I-i thought..."
"She's fine, but the doctors still don't know when she'll wake up."
Hoseok shook his head and sighed.
"Can I go in?"
"Well, you have about 10 minutes."
Hoseok walked in and sat down on the chair by (Y/n)'s bed. He remembered the last time they were here.
"Baby? Can you hear me baby girl?"
Of course, there was no response. The moniter beeped steadily and Hoseok glanced at the ring on (Y/n)'s hand.
"Look at you, my beautiful fiancee, I'm sorry to do this to you. But, I feel like it's partially my fault you're always getting hurt. I love you baby girl, I really do."
Hoseok took the girl's hand and kissed it.
"Hoseokie, I love you. Please. Don't leave me."
Hoseok heard the girl's voice and rubbed his eyes, thinking maybe he was getting sleepy. He imagined the girl sitting up and looking at him, but when he opened his eyes, she still lay there. Paler than before and nearly dead-looking. He cried, taking her hand and clasping it between his own hands.
"Oh my sweet girl, I love you, I love you so much. I'm sorry."
He stood up and kissed the girl on the lips before leaving the room. He walked straight past Kira and drove to the dorm. Kira sighed before noticing something.
"Is her hand moving?"
She squinted closer, and indeed the girl's hand was moving.
"Doctor! I think (Y/n) is waking up!"
The girl stirred even more and suddenly she opened her eyes. Mari was sitting in a wheelchair and rolled to Kira.
"I heard! Is unnie waking up?"
"Baby, her eyes are open. She's waking up."
Mari covered her mouth as she began sobbing.
"No, she can't wake up to that note. She'll be heartbroken and just end up coming back here."
"I think it's too late babe, she saw the note."
"No, no. Unnie, no."
Hoseok knew of nothing, he still believed that she was asleep. He was still counting the days. He locked himself in his room again and saw the picture he took of (Y/n) when she was asleep. The two were cuddling post-smiley time and (Y/n) had fallen asleep. He snapped the picture because she looked so peaceful and adorable. He started crying and eventually fell asleep.