one

trigger warnings:
contains homophobia & angst
_____________________________

"Rain streaks and stained cheeks,
They couldn't wash away the freak"

 "Rain streaks and stained cheeks,They couldn't wash away the freak"

______

Felix
______

The droplets poured down the window as the windshields pushed furiously to clear them. The rain was heavy now, giving everything a splotchy look, as if a sponge had dipped itself into the dark shades of miserable weather and merged with the vibrancy of traffic signals and lamp lights.

Felix sighed, his mood matching the weather's. Exhaustion fell upon him as he shifted deeper in his seat in hopes of finding more warmth. A shiver passed through him as his luck was once again denied, the bitterness of the winter remaining unable to escape him.

The rain was heavier now, it's frequent patter calming to his ears and he found himself growing fond of the rare sound. He had always carried the ability to find music in the slightest things and he felt himself give in to the serenity of the moment, allowing each drop to seep inside and relax his aching muscles as his fingers bounced lightly across the headboard in sync.

He had just finished another long shift at the night club. It was a tiring job and even when he wasn't working he felt the effects of constanty being on his feet tug down on the joints in his back. However university wouldn't pay for itself and unlike some of the people around here he aspired to move away from the small town as soon as possible.

Felix wasn't necessarily organised, he just had goals he hoped in all his mess he would achieve.

The clouds were grieving harder now, after waiting months to let out their sorrows that could no longer be contained. Felix wondered what it was like to let go of a weight so heavy sometimes, to just let all the bottled up thoughts spill into the world and never come back.

He had almost forgotten how much he carried.

He flicked on his indicator, the ticking sound momentarily muting the rain. In the glow of his headlights he could see the abandoned sign of his town, once supposed to carry it's well known pride now shattered from years of weathering.

The next few moments weren't clear for multiple reasons. The car neither stopped nor was going at a visible pace and if the colours weren't already splotched, the painting of the scene was now splattered from all directions leaving anyone observing it in utter confusion.

Felix had hardly acknowleged the presence of a tall figure before it darted across the road leaving only a few seconds to react. The brakes screeched in horror as his foot pressed down so hard he was sure it would fall right through the car itself. Squeezing his eyes shut, with the last of his strength he swivelved to the side of the narrow road, reducing the already crumbling sign to piles of dust.

His heart was louder than the rain which was now at it's heaviest, drumming furiously in his chest as uneven pants escaped his parted lips. He didn't have to look up to sense the thousands of cracks spiralled across his mirror views, glass grazing his fingertips that gripped shakily onto the wheel. It was only after he realised that a rapid heartbeat meant he was alive he opened his eyes, determined to see the damage that a chaotic moment had caused.

Somehow amongst it all his headlights were brighter than ever and he had to squint to adjust to the harshness of their glare. Taking in the figure carefully he came the conclusion that it was most definitely a male human - who was both a victim of the near crash and the night's horrendous weather.

Black covered him from head to toe, the dark material soaked to the point where large drops were falling from the edges of his sleeves. His ebony hair was tousled, the drops having caused their havoc darting down his pale skin which was white from the cold, any trace of warmth having left with the chances of better weather.

To Felix the clearest part of the spontaneous scene, was the boy's eyes, the only part of his face that wasn't concealed by the thick scarf he wore around it, a beautiful yet pained almond brown. However, Felix knew better than anyone that the visible layer was only designed to be a distraction: a distraction that concealed a person's thoughts within. In the illumination of the light, Felix could see past the outer layer and somehow, without knowing anything about the stranger, he had already seen what was concealed beneath.

His first realisation was that despite the light, they were drained from any shine at all. It was like looking into dull metal and hoping for a reflection yet only receiving the coldness of the surface back. The second was that there was no care in his eyes. Not one trace that he was aware the circumstances were so close to being so terribly fatal. It was as if a small part of him was hoping that the outcome was in fact the unthinkable, as if there was nothing at that moment that was worth thanking — even the split second that had saved him.

There were only a few moments before the figure unfroze and rushed off into the darkness, the light left to illuminate the empty spot on the damp road where he previously stood. However, all it took were those few moments to understand the boy better than anyone in his lifetime ever had.

Felix grasped desperately onto those few moments, his heart now filled with something other than miserable rainwater, no longer cold but burning with the reality of what had just taken place. Patiently he waited until his breathing had calmed and the patter on his windows had subsided before he exited the broken vehicle, promising to deal with it tomorrow before wearily making his way home.

Sometime later, before he slept, Felix would remember he left the headlights on, their light still illuminating the isolated entrance to the town, however not before he realised that it was Seo Changbin whose life he had crashed into, whether he wanted to admit it or not.

_________________
notes — PLEASE READ

hi thank you for reading the first chapter! this book has been published before but as i'm editing i've decided to post it as if for the first time. updates are most likely to be weekly but i can't promise a set schedule ^^

for the purpose of this story all the boys are in the same year/grade at school making them around the same age

- I spell 'colour' like this - please don't kill me ( i use british english )

- and lastly, i hope you enjoyed this chapter and that you'll read on! ♥️